All Topics / Help Needed! / Waving cooling off period ???

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of deepleaddeeplead
    @deeplead

Hi, I would love someone to put my mind at ease if possible. I have just accepted an offer for my house $350,000. The house is 130years old and has lots of character, which I'm sure the builders inspection will reflect :-). I attended a meeting to sign the sale agreement with my solicitor today and I let him talk me into requesting the buyers to waver their right to a 5 day cooling off period. After arriving home from my the meeting I have started to worry about upsetting of frightening off the buyers and I really don't want to do the wrong thing by them. I didn't exactly trust the solicitor assigned to me either, he was trying to sell me everything from wills to financial advice and removalists. Has he pulled a dodgy ?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

if you’re the vendor this is to your advantage. Has the purchaser offered a S66w or is the solicitor just pushing? Effectively, the purchaser will have completed their due diligence.

Profile photo of possumpalpossumpal
    @possumpal

Hi

Not sure what state you are in but I' am 99% sure that in Victoria it is a 3 day cooling off period, and even if you get someone to sign a document to waive there cooling off period, it will be void.

The fact that you say it is a 5 day cooling off period means you are most likely in a different state.

Thanks Tim

Participant
    @scott-no-mates
    possumpal wrote:

Hi

Not sure what state you are in but I' am 99% sure that in Victoria it is a 3 day cooling off period, and even if you get someone to sign a document to waive there cooling off period, it will be void.

Thanks Tim

It is quite legal to waiver the cooling off period provided you have a S66W certificated signed by the purchaser's solicitor saying that they have advised the purchaser about what this means & how it affects their right to recind the contract.

Anyone purchasing pre-auction generally signs a S66W as well because you do not want to take the property off the market whilst it is subject to a cooling off period for fear that all the money spent on marketing will have been wasted if you then lose other buyers.

Profile photo of possumpalpossumpal
    @possumpal

Scott No Mates

You are correct, sorry for the mistake

Tim

Participant
    @scott-no-mates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.