All Topics / Help Needed! / Positive/Negative Gearing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of LozBLozB
    @lozb

Hi All

I’m new to this forum. My husband and I currently have our residential home plus one investment property, purchased 4 years ago. We are now looking to buy a block of land to build either a townhouse or house (depending on zoning and borrowing power). It’s quite possible (on rough figures) that we may be able to positive gear this investment.

Our current investment property is negative geared with a good tenant so it has all been quite simple in the past. However, I would like to start researching and planning a little more strategically if we are to go again. We are definitely ‘beginner investors’.

I’m seeking any advice on the pros and cons of positive gearing the second property with the first remaining negative geared…? Still unsure as to how we should up the new investment.

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of onthemoneyonthemoney
    @onthemoney

Hi, to answer your question accurately I would need financial information related to your situation. You are welcome to email me if you would like me to crunch the numbers.

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

If you have on positive and one negative they could cancel themselves out as far as money out of your pocket. Is that what you need?
    You need to decide what your long term goal is. Why are you buying property? ie what do you want to achieve from it?

Will building give you equity? In order to move forward with your investing you need equity. Cash flow obviously plays a part. It depends which you nee more of at this time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.