All Topics / General Property / Buying your fiest property in Australia..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of RobbiePRobbieP
    @robbiep

Hi All,

I will be immigrating to Australia next year as a Permanent Resident and I will be looking to purchase my first property (investment).

With this in mind, is a first time home buyer given any special benefits when buying their first property? Are you perhaps exempt from paying stamp duty or other costs associated with buying a property? Are banks willing to give first time home buyers 100% loans?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
    Robbie

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Robbie

Which state are you looking to purchase in?

The federal Government's First Home Owner Grant (FHOG) provides elligible first home buyers with $7k.

Differen't states and territories also provide various stamp duty concessions.

Most concessions are targeted towards owner occupiers (rather than investors) so if you're looking to purchase an investment property you may not be entitled to certain concessions.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of RobbiePRobbieP
    @robbiep

Hi Jamie,

I will be living in NSW, but I wont be limiting my investment area to this state.

What are the rules regarding the Government's First Home Owner Grant in NSW?

Regards,
    Robbie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.