All Topics / Help Needed! / Investment learnings

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of PackerPacker
    Participant
    @packer

Any one got books or DVD"s they would recommend in regards to beginners guide for property investing.
    I'm not looking for recommendations of where to buy just something that teaches you some basic
    stratergies and what to look out for and also how to calculate all your costs involved.
    Something really for beginners.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

yes look up the OTEN property development course. Available online/correspondence.

Profile photo of House CallHouse Call
    @house-call

Thoroughly recommend Steve McKNight's book: "From 0-130 properties in 3.5 years" for philosophy of positive gearing.
    Thoroughly recommend Michael Yardneys book "How to grow a multi-million dollar property portfolio"- for philosophy of buying for capital gain.
    recommend "20 must ask questions for property investors" by Margaret Lomas for what to actually look for in a property and how to select area etc.
    Magazines are good too, for real life questions and current state of the states:  Your Investment Property" or Australian Property Investor" magazines at most newsagents for about $10 an issue.  Worth getting at least 1 issue.

And read read read and ask ask ask on this forum.  There are a lot of very successful, very knowledgable, very sensible people who assist and advise for nothing, on a regular basis.

Profile photo of PackerPacker
    Participant
    @packer

Thanks guys, I will look into it, I like the magazine idea….why didn't I think of that.

Profile photo of Charles 1Charles 1
    Participant
    @charles-1

Some great books have been recommended you asked about DVDs

I recently bought one – very good – great for basics that you asked for – but much more than that 4-hours of great contant from Michael Yardney – I think it’s worth buying – Building Wealth through Property Investment http://www.propertyupdate.com.au/dvd—building-wealth-through-property-investment.html

Hope this helps

Profile photo of wobblysquarewobblysquare
    Participant
    @wobblysquare

Also Thoroughly recommend Michael Yardneys book "How to grow a multi-million dollar property portfolio"- for philosophy of buying for capital gain.

Australian Property Investor Magazine

Also before you buy read

Saving Tax on your investment property by Noel Whittaker and Julia Hartman

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

If you can get your hands on the Masterclass stuff from Steve McKnight that is very good.

Maybe think about joining the iclub, they have updates and a lot of the information Steve has put together previously is available in this.

API is a good read every month.

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.