All Topics / Help Needed! / Vacant Property (Muswellbrook)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of NewbieInvestNewbieInvest
    @newbieinvest
    I bought my first investment property in April this year. We had a tennant in the property within 1 week of settlement and at a very good rate, much more than was expected. The property is in Muswellbrook and it was rented furnished to a company attached to the mines in area which explains the high rent.

Anyway, at the end of this month (22/12/10) our first tennant will be moving out. Not the best time of year for this to happen as I guess not much happens over the christmas period.

My question is how long should I leave it before I start to hassel the agent to get someone in the property. I don't want to be a pain but at the same time I expect good service from my property manager. Also it will be offered for rent furnished. Demand for this type of property may not pick up again until mid to late January. Should I wait until then or just remove the furniture and drop the price.

Also, can you guys send me a private message with good and bad stories about muswellbrook property managers. Just want to see if mine is up to scratch.

Profile photo of Mr5o1Mr5o1
    Participant
    @mr5o1
    NewbieInvest wrote:
    Not the best time of year for this to happen as I guess not much happens over the christmas period.My question is how long should I leave it before I start to hassel the agent to get someone in the property. I don’t want to be a pain but at the same time I expect good service from my property manager.

Its a sad fact of life that those who are the most annoying tend to get the best service. Its not necessarily the quietest time of the year. In my own case I have a couple of weeks off over christmas and intend to spend it moving (sad but true). When you have to move you have to move, christmas or no.

If I were you I’d “rattle their cage” in advance… ask when it will be advertised, what is your agency’s opening hours over christmas, is your agent taking any time off.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

I’d get on the pm’s case asap. They should have already sought your instructions once the tenant gave notice. Instruct the pm the minimum lease term & not to have the lease expire around difficult leasing periods.

Profile photo of taxdivataxdiva
    Participant
    @taxdiva

Hey Newbie

I am very interested to know how your investment is traveling in M/brook. We have just purchased. Will be settling in a few weeks. Love to hear your thoughts

Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.