All Topics / General Property / GLADSTONE – Don’t leave it too late

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of onthemoneyonthemoney
    @onthemoney

I have been up in Gladstone having a look at the situation and finding the activity there pretty interesting, thought some of you might be interested in these latest news articles.

‘Gladstone Rentals Skyrocket’ – http://www.mediafire.com/?p7x7y774dhxrau1

The Australian: Queensland Premier Anna Bligh told a business lunch this week the emerging coal-seam gas to LNG industry was a “once-in-a-generation opportunity”…Property prices spike as Gladstone benefits from coal-seam gas boom:
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/property-prices-spike-as-gladstone-benefits-from-coal-seam-gas-boom/story-fn59niix-1225965401983

Interesting stuff.

Profile photo of Magic MarkMagic Mark
    @magic-mark

Well I can tell you it is happening I know…I live here. Locals have been warned for some time it was coming (like me) and are now realising they should have moved a lot faster as it's the investors from other spots around Oz that are creaming it here with great opportunity in the early days. (Still early days…but not for long).

Profile photo of steve-investsteve-invest
    @steve-invest
    onthemoney wrote:
    I have been up in Gladstone having a look at the situation and finding the activity there pretty interesting, thought some of you might be interested in these latest news articles. 'Gladstone Rentals Skyrocket' – http://www.mediafire.com/?p7x7y774dhxrau1 The Australian: Queensland Premier Anna Bligh told a business lunch this week the emerging coal-seam gas to LNG industry was a "once-in-a-generation opportunity"…Property prices spike as Gladstone benefits from coal-seam gas boom: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/property-prices-spike-as-gladstone-benefits-from-coal-seam-gas-boom/story-fn59niix-1225965401983 Interesting stuff.

Tony it's pretty close to a 0 vacancy rate right now. Great articles cheers.

Profile photo of julesm2006julesm2006
    @julesm2006

Gladstone is a hot topic right now and happy to be buying a property there. I was a bit nervous to start but tanks to  the support I have had from forum members I feel pretty confident now. This forum rocks.

Profile photo of SemsavblancSemsavblanc
    @semsavblanc
    Magic Mark wrote:
    Well I can tell you it is happening I know…I live here. Locals have been warned for some time it was coming (like me) and are now realising they should have moved a lot faster as it's the investors from other spots around Oz that are creaming it here with great opportunity in the early days. (Still early days…but not for long).

Hi Mark!

We're about to sign up for a house and land package (investment) in Vantage Estate (New Aukland?). We're in WA and have never done this sort of thing before, so I was wondering if you can offer any thoughts? 4 bedroom/2 bathroom built by Tribeca Living. Do you think we will be able to rent it out easily and for what rent? Are we crazy? Should we look at alternative property (unit or existing house?). I would so appreciate any feedback you can give.
    Many thanks,
    SSB

Profile photo of onthemoneyonthemoney
    @onthemoney

How much are you paying for the property have you spend time to see what other similar properties are selling for? Happy to send you an investor info pack on Gladstone that will give you a wide view so you have the full picture. Feel free to shoot me an email and I will get back to you.

Profile photo of austinvestaustinvest
    Participant
    @austinvest

The only thing to consider with Vantage is whether you are getting value for money based on comparable sales.

Vantage Estates blocks are mainly smaller than other developments and have quite a few "Courtyard" blocks which are tiny.

Just so long as you don't pay the full 4×2 price for the small lots.

Austy

Profile photo of SemsavblancSemsavblanc
    @semsavblanc
    austinvest wrote:
    The only thing to consider with Vantage is whether you are getting value for money based on comparable sales.

Vantage Estates blocks are mainly smaller than other developments and have quite a few "Courtyard" blocks which are tiny.

Just so long as you don't pay the full 4×2 price for the small lots.

Austy

Thanks Austy,
    The land is 705sqm. That sounds like an average size (for Western Australia). I don't think its a courtyard or cottage block is it?

Profile photo of austinvestaustinvest
    Participant
    @austinvest

Nope, that is about standard. That is probably one of the larger blocks for that estate.

Interested to know what you paid for your house and land package.

Tribeca Living aren't a local building co. from what  i know.  There have been quite a few move into town lately to secure some of the business that is coming Gladstone's way.

Austy

@onthemoney

Regarding builders in Gladstone its a small town and everyone knows everyone. Builders from out of town have come in and some are getting a very bad reputation for rough work. The reason you need to stick with Gladstone born and bred builders is because the only way they could have survived is to keep the quality of work up to scratch and it has been a very competitive environment. Happy to recommend good reliable local builders if need be.

Also most block sizes vary from 600m2 to 800m2, 700m2 is average for new estates in G.

Profile photo of stu_maccastu_macca
    @stu_macca

Hi all,

Any idea what sort of rental returns to expect in Gladstone? Or is this just a capital growth play? 

Will the big companies be paying the rent for their employees like in Moranbah for instance?

What sort of risk profile do the banks attribute to this area?

Thanks in advance.  Great posts so far.

@onthemoney

Rents are currently near 0 vacancy. They have gone up recently and look like continuing in an upward direction. 4Bdm houses are getting min $380 for an old house, averaging $420 to $450 a week now. Some companies will include added rental yes. Gladstone is a main regional area so all lenders are going max LVR.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.