All Topics / Help Needed! / Struggling to find a property manager

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of jliajlia
    @jlia

I have recently bought my second IP. I own one in Adelaide were I live and have just bought in Liverpool in NSW in order to diversify my portfolio. The trouble is I am struggling to get property managers to even return my phone calls let alone find a property manager that I'm happy with!  What am I doing wrong? The property manager I use here is great, she keeps me in the loop and always gets back to me when I call/email.  The real estate agent I bought the unit through offered verbally to manage the unit but of course once contracts were signed I haven't heard a peep. I have emailed and called to discuss this and still no reply! Does anyone know of a decent property manager in the Liverpool area??

Is it because I'm interstate that they aren't interested?? Most dealings are done over the phone anyway, wouldn't have thought it would matter that much where I am.

Thanks

Profile photo of g0biing0biin
    @g0biin

Hi Jlia
    I dont know of anyone in that area. But I would suggest you make a trip to Liverpool and go hunting for PM. By this I mean actually go and visit all the RE agents in the area and see what best rate and fees that they offer. While talking to them you should get an idea of the ones that are good and the ones that dont want your business.

Good luck.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Jlia

It sounds a bit strange. I would persist with it – keep calling around. I wouldn't be jumping on a plane to Sydney just yet – if it were to purchase an IP, yes, but for searching for a PM, I'd continue to persisit with the calling.

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

you might try looking @ agents further afield, eg Fairfield/Merrylands, Smithfield, Hoxton Park, Wetherill Park etc.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

you could be best served by looking @ Realestate.com.au and use find an agent or check which agents have several listings (hence either active or too busy to care).

I'd possibly suggest pretti real estate, they have apparently got quite a reputation.

Profile photo of g0biing0biin
    @g0biin

Actually try this one.
    Rosemary Saaib.
    Centrury21
    9634 1111

she works on the north side, but I believe she would have a good contacts in the area you are after.
    Good luck !

Profile photo of jliajlia
    @jlia

Thanks, will try her.

I did finally get a couple of call backs. But still, very surprised at how long I had to wait and how much I had to chase them up!

Also quite surprised at the difference between management costs in SA versus NSW. It's actually cheaper in NSW!

Profile photo of mike.12mike.12
    @mike.12

Hi ,I think pretti real estate,in fairfield.I used to be their tenant, mind you they were carried out detail inspection.i do agree son of them are not that good.

hope this helps.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.