All Topics / Help Needed! / Gladstone Qld Buyers Agent

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Profile photo of julesm2006julesm2006
    @julesm2006

Hi does anyone out there know of a good buyers agent who can find property in Gladstone? My husband and I are wanting to buy an investment property asap. Also if anyone has an opinion on Gladstone I would be interested, feel free to respond to my post.

Profile photo of steve-investsteve-invest
    @steve-invest

Hi JM I have bought investment properties through http://www.wealthwithproperty.net and have had a pretty positive experience, they also did my finance.

Profile photo of julesm2006julesm2006
    @julesm2006

Hi Steve thanks for your reply I will give them a call.. have you bought in Gladstone at all yourself?

Profile photo of steve-investsteve-invest
    @steve-invest
    julesm2006 wrote:
    Hi Steve thanks for your reply I will give them a call.. have you bought in Gladstone at all yourself?

Yes I bought a unit there years ago and in the last year have added another property, a 4 bedroom house in Emmadale. Apparently theres a 0 vacancy rate at the moment… wish I could buy again to be honest but you can only go so far. I think Gladstone will be worthwhile from what I can see.

@julesm2006

Its a bit daunting sticking your neck out buying in a mining area but I guess Gladstones not a mining town really as its the shipping port, and there seems to be solid fundamentals in place with the LNG contract. I guess we have to start somewhere.

Profile photo of davemartindavemartin
    @davemartin
    julesm2006 wrote:
    Its a bit daunting sticking your neck out buying in a mining area but I guess Gladstones not a mining town really as its the shipping port, and there seems to be solid fundamentals in place with the LNG contract. I guess we have to start somewhere.

Cant help you with the Buyers Agent bit but felt to respond to your post. I have a IP in Gladstone that I bought 6 months ago for $385,000 and keen to see how the prices fair over the next 12 months, as far as I know new 4bdms are now up around the $450-$500k.

Profile photo of onthemoneyonthemoney
    @onthemoney
    steve-invest wrote:
    Hi JM I have bought investment properties through http://www.wealthwithproperty.net and have had a pretty positive experience, they also did my finance.

Hi Steve thanks for your kind words.

Profile photo of aussierobinaussierobin
    Participant
    @aussierobin

I have a couple of friends that live in Gladstone and they are now looking at having to buy, as the rents are starting to really increase and there is virtually nothing on the market to rent. House and Land packages are the go I think and using a buyers agent would be great way to go. I am getting ready to take the plunge (finally) and Gladstone is where I will be doing it for sure.   

Profile photo of GJDMGJDM
    @gjdm

<Moderator: delete advertising>

Profile photo of Asbestos Audits QueenslandAsbestos Audits Queensland
    Participant
    @aaq

Hi Jules
    just got back from Gladstone & rockhampton yesterday,

Gladstone's going the same way as Mackay with the town splitting in two with the poor locals being squeezed as everything goes up and anyone or any business linked to mining/LNG/Aluminium going ahead.

We drove around Gladstone looking at properties/infrastructure -still looked like a poor country town with many new apartment blocks  in around the city centre and under constructionand no large shopping centres open on a Sunday (didn't know that still existed in any large town).

Prices are going up (rents and purchase) as these projects are starting up but I would say there is still growth to come in prices and at the moment there is a lot of fly in fly out workers (hence the apartments) also difficulty and price to get a flight here. It was cheaper to fly to Rocky and drive down then fly direct into Gladstone.

Interested to know how anyone gets on investing there.
    Brian

Asbestos Audits Queensland | Asbestos Audits Queensland
    https://asbestosaudits.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Any asbestos questions ask me.

Profile photo of mike.12mike.12
    @mike.12

Hi ,interesting to read about Gladstone etc.I wanted to do investment,I am not sure, how about gracemere,is it good to buy land and home package.I found home and land,land 669msq and house 197msq, 4bed,2,2 for $364K.Its not build yet but will after I sing the contract.Its in Lucas street,gracemere.Any thoughts on this please.what about rental vacancy.

@mike.12

Hi jule,did you speak to the buyers agent Tony.any feed back to that pls.

@julesm2006
    mike.12 wrote:
    Hi jule,did you speak to the buyers agent Tony.any feed back to that pls.

Hi Mike yes in fact I did and he is assisting us with a property purchase in Gladstone, Tony  offers a pretty good service. We actually called a couple of buyers agents, and  re pricing, most of them charge you at different stages of the purchase so you have to pay out of pocket. Tony has a payment at settlement arrangement and is also doing our finance so we can capitalise the buyers agent fee on to the loan. Very happy to recommend  http://www.wealthwithproperty.net.

@julesm2006
    AAQ wrote:
    Hi Jules

Gladstone's going the same way as Mackay with the town splitting in two with the poor locals being squeezed as everything goes up and anyone or any business linked to mining/LNG/Aluminium going ahead.

We drove around Gladstone looking at properties/infrastructure -still looked like a poor country town with many new apartment blocks  in around the city centre and under constructionand no large shopping centres open on a Sunday (didn't know that still existed in any large town).

Prices are going up (rents and purchase) as these projects are starting up but I would say there is still growth to come in prices and at the moment there is a lot of fly in fly out workers (hence the apartments) also difficulty and price to get a flight here. It was cheaper to fly to Rocky and drive down then fly direct into Gladstone.

Interested to know how anyone gets on investing there.
    Brian

Hi Brian, yes the issue with Gladstone is it's going to get very expensive to live there. The high paid LNG workers will cope due to high incomes but the people who do normal jobs will have issues, especially if rents end up mirroring the likes of Port Hedland.

@julesm2006
    mike.12 wrote:
    Hi ,interesting to read about Gladstone etc.I wanted to do investment,I am not sure, how about gracemere,is it good to buy land and home package.I found home and land,land 669msq and house 197msq, 4bed,2,2 for $364K.Its not build yet but will after I sing the contract.Its in Lucas street,gracemere.Any thoughts on this please.what about rental vacancy.

From what I can gather Gracemere is 2 hours away from Gladstone near Rockhampton. I would be inclined to buy in Gladstone, Calliope, Boyne or Tannum as the immediate area surrounding Gladstone is where the action is and right now its affordable.

Profile photo of austinvestaustinvest
    Participant
    @austinvest
    AAQ wrote:
    Hi Jules

I think your assertion that Gladstone has FIFO workers and they are all staying in the apartments is way off the mark.

Gladstone doesn't have any industry that utilises the FIFO rosters similar to the North West. Workers maybe living in some of the new apartments but they don't work the rosters you refer to.

Most construction workers who will arrive to Gladstone for the duration of the various projects will be based here semi permanently.

Flights to Gladstone have always been more expensive than Rockhampton, due mainly to the fact that only one airline currently flies to Gladstone. Unlike Rocky which has Tiger, Virgin Blue and Qantas.

It may be cheaper to fly to Rocky, but by the time you add in car hire, fuel and the cost of your time, i think it would be a lot simpler and about the same relative cost to fly to direct.

I'll definitely agree that the lack of Sunday trading lets Gladstone down immensely for an up and coming regional location.

Austy

@mike.12

Thanks for the information,what about in calliope ,there is town house for sale,what sort of rent you will get and the strata levi,any one bought this,

Profile photo of austinvestaustinvest
    Participant
    @austinvest
    mike.12 wrote:
    Thanks for the information,what about in calliope ,there is town house for sale,what sort of rent you will get and the strata levi,any one bought this,

You may want to be a bit more specific if you want an answer worth any reasonable value.

Austy

@onthemoney
    mike.12 wrote:

Depends on the property, which townhouses are you talking about? If you shoot me an email with the address I can get back with the figures for you.

@onthemoney
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.