All Topics / Value Adding / Tiles or laminate planks?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of iballiball
    Participant
    @iball

For another $680 dollars I can get good looking 300 x 300 floor tiles proffessionaly laid as opposed to laying cheaper lam planks myself.Having read the threads on the subject Im still thinking that tiles are the long term rental friendly winner, any thoughts from past users of laminate planks?theres no denying that the 2010 versions look pretty darn good.

Thanks ..iball

Profile photo of onthemoneyonthemoney
    @onthemoney

Tiles look and feel better as far as I’m concerned. I have used both in renovations and in my opinion tiles are the real deal.. choose carefully however. I used laminate planks to renovate my old caravan though and must add it looks pretty good.

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Those spongey faux wood floors or bamboo product ones, whatever they are, look good. However, I'm kinda wired that if wood feels spongey underfoot, then it's soggy or rotten. So I don't enjoy walking on those wood looking soft floors. That's just me maybe.  Tiles would be my choice for warm areas, and carpet in locations where it's colder. 

Cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of JessWJessW
    @jessw

I just put down laminate floating floor in my rental property and love it. However, I don't know how it's going to wear in the long run, and would imagine that tiles would be longer lasting. However, the laminate flooring is definitely the cheaper option, and so much quicker to lay than tiles.

Good luck!

Jess

Profile photo of spoonicusspoonicus
    Participant
    @spoonicus

We have used the bamboo flooring on a number of shop fit outs that I have been involved in and while it is hard wearing it darkens quite substantially in the sun, so you will end up with light patches where the furniture sits.
    Personally I would go for the tiles

Profile photo of iballiball
    Participant
    @iball

Thanks for the feedback guys, think I'll be going with the tiles on this one now.   Cheers..iball

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.