All Topics / General Property / How to become a property developer?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of RebekahMooreRebekahMoore
    @rebekahmoore

I have recently started in the Commercial Real Estate industry on the Gold Coast and am very motivated to learn, I love my work and have ambitions to become a property developer. I listen and take advise from people every day however want to learn more,so my basic questions are; where do i start? can anyone recommend any good books to read? and/or people who have been developing for a while and can provide advise?

Profile photo of onthemoneyonthemoney
    @onthemoney

The API magazine has lots of good books and info in the back section of the mag..

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Hi Rebekah,

API small development guide is good, Ron Forlee, residential development book is good, The results Real Deal book is good, you ahev to read through a few to find the decent info on developing.

Find someone who is developing who you can go onsite with and talk to regularly.

Good luck.

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster
    Profile photo of RebekahMooreRebekahMoore
    @rebekahmoore

Great Thanks guys :)

Profile photo of acjdacjd
    Participant
    @acjd

Hi mate, I work in development for a publicly listed company in Brisbane. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat further. cheers

Profile photo of Kaz YoungKaz Young
    Participant
    @kaz-young

Hi Rebekah

I've recently been involved in my first development project.  Some things I have done/am doing to learn:

• read books (have the Ron Forlee book, that is quite good)
    • went to a property development one day workshop – though the content wasn't anything earth shattering, it did do a lot to get me moving in terms of motivation
    • spoke to people who had done it (both novice and professional)
    • made myself a list and just got started!

For me, doing a project myself has been the thing that has made me most confident and taught me most.  If you have some contacts around with various forms of knowledge then you can use those people to sound things out with as you go.  I've made contact so far with council town planners, draftsperson, property development company, builder, mortgage brokers.
    I think the key for me has been being organized and using the resources around me to solve the challenges as they come!  So far, it's going pretty well!

Good luck!

Kaz

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

have a look at the property development course being run through TAFE via OTEN – delivered online/correspondence. No hidden agendas or dodgy sites/schemes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.