Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of benofbrisbanebenofbrisbane
    Participant
    @benofbrisbane

Hi Everyone

I know this subject has probably been posted about a lot.  So I apologise if I am repeating what is already been discussed. However, I am looking for a book(s) regarding the steps of property development.  I am about to embark on my first development (renovating two freestanding units and building two new townhouses and individually titiling them).  I am after information about the proceess – eg finance (how much can you borrow? What rate?, obtaining a QS etc), tendering for builders, engaging a town plannner/architect, estimating costs, council requirements etc.  I know a lot of this stuff I will learn along the way and a lot of it will be specific to my development (such as council requirements) but thought that there must be resources out there for peope like me.  I am not interested in that rich dad/poor dad, I went from 0 to 250 properties in 5 years garbage. But good solid information. 

I think I have the right people around me and have at least some idea of what I am doing, but really want to get a lot more involved and understand more than I currently do.

Any replies gratefully received.

Cheers

Ben 

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

hi Ben,

get your hands on a copy of Ron Forlees book about residential developing. I swear i am going to write to him and ask for a percentage. It really is a great book for developing. Other goodies are the API Small development guide, the red arm chair developer books, just watch the red arm chair ones they have split the material into several books. For fun and inspiration read 'the secrets of property millionaires exposed' and the' think and grow rich in property' book.

If you do a search up the top you will see numerous recommendations of books.

Good luck

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of benofbrisbanebenofbrisbane
    Participant
    @benofbrisbane

Hi D – thanks for your quick response. I think I will start with the Ron Forlee book, which i will buy at lunch time today!  The others also look good and I will get to them shortly.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Ben

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

No Worries Ben,

Good luck with your project, enjoy it!

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.