All Topics / Help Needed! / FHOG rules and PO Box address

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of sueesuee
    Participant
    @suee

Hi,

Just another question that I hope someone on this forum can answer. I've recently bought a house as a first home buyer and will be moving into the house early in the new year as is required by the rules for the FHOG. I'm thinking about getting a PO Box and have all my mail redirected to that box for security reasons.

What do I need to prove that I am living in the house in order to meet the rules of the FHOG which I assume would be by having your mail going to the actual address? Would it be acceptable to have my address on the application form as PO Box?

Thanks in advance
    suee

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Suee

Having the power, water and telephone in your name although the postal address is a PO Box would normally be sufficient evidence of  residency.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Electricity in your name at that address, showing usage. If your bill is' say' $10 a quarter, obviously you aren't living there.

Car insurance as garaged at that address etc. Drivers license at that address etc. 

Just having your address on a PO box I don't think will be enough if you are questioned. Thousands have had to pay it back because they were not actually living in the property. Just saying you live there is not enough.

Participant
    @qlds007

There is no legal requirement to actually use any of the utlities.

In fact if you claim the property as your PPOR but during the week are offered free motel accomadation as part of your employment and only return home at weekends then this is totally acceptable.

Also is you sat in the dark and tried to save $$$ and only had the minimum useage then this is also acceptable.

What you cant do is live at home or with the girlfriend full time and claim at the same time you are really living at your PPOR.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of keren_mx5keren_mx5
    Participant
    @keren_mx5

In regards to this FHOG which I am claiming.

If I am currently living with my sisters where electricity biil is under my name & I am moving into my PPOR in December. Thus all utilities will be in my name in the new property. Is that ok to have my name for 2 properties?

Participant
    @qlds007

Yes as long as your name was not on the Title of the first property and you were claiming it as a PPOR.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.