All Topics / General Property / Investment Advice

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of mike.12mike.12
    @mike.12

Hi,
    Has any one used Rocket Property Group to purchase IP.According to their web its free advice,they make commission from the developer.Ian Hosking Richards,the owner writes article in Investment property magazine.
    Any suggestion.please.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Mike

You bet they do

According to their web its free advice,they make commission from the developer.

Next thing they will be telling you they have had a valuer already do the valuation on the property and you can use their inhouse finance broker who can use the same report to save it being retyped.

Trust me nothing is for free.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of onthemoneyonthemoney
    @onthemoney

Any new property sale (house and land) will have sales commission built in to the price to cover sales and marketing, thats just standard, similar to established properties usually factor in the Agents commission.

There are benefits with land and construction i.e. full depreciation, no transfer duty payable on the construction .. if for example the land is 200k and const 250k the transfer duty (in QLD) would be on the land only at $5,729 and you don’t pay transfer on the uncompleted house. If you were buying an established house in QLD the transfer payable on a $450k property would be $14,175. So you can see theres a considerable difference. You also get the full builders warranty on a newly constructed dwelling. Everything is negotiable remember so you can buy new properties at a reasonable price.

Buying established you can always find good deals if you are prepared to be persistent. In my opinion theres benefits in both. Don’t be afraid to haggle.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.