All Topics / General Property / New business idea

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of 1428123914281239
    Participant
    @14281239

Hey guys

Im 20 years old I have four properties and I love finding and negotiating deals and going to open homes. I have researched into america and there is a huge market for buyers agents, people who organise pest inspections, conveyancers etc and do the negotiating for you. I would like to set up a business in Perth doing this as it is only just taking off over here. I have been working for a property company for the last four years and I am completing a degree in the field. Just want to know what sort of market there would be for this and what licenses would apply etc?

Profile photo of davemartindavemartin
    @davemartin

do you have a Real Estate License? That might be a good place to start.

Profile photo of Lplate101Lplate101
    @lplate101

sounds interesting… would definitely be profitable :)

Profile photo of 1428123914281239
    Participant
    @14281239

I will gain my real estate license at university, there are two units I need to complete that automatically grant a real estate license so that will be no problem, do you think any other licenses would apply? And what would be a good way to start the business? My problem is my age, who takes a 20 yr old seriously in business! I will find a way though

Profile photo of luke86luke86
    Participant
    @luke86

There are a lot of companies selling foreclosure homes from the USA to Australian investors. To be successful I think that you need to either be on the ground in the USA or have a business partner on the ground in the USA. Without being there and sourcing the deals yourself then it is hard to see how you could provide deals that people would be interested in.

The USA property market is totally different to the Australian market and the foreclosure process is different to anything that happens here so Australian based training would not be that relevent to the USA in my opinion.

Cheers,
    Luke

Profile photo of pinkboypinkboy
    Participant
    @pinkboy
    14281239 wrote:

I will gain my real estate license at university, there are two units I need to complete that automatically grant a real estate license so that will be no problem, do you think any other licenses would apply? And what would be a good way to start the business? My problem is my age, who takes a 20 yr old seriously in business! I will find a way though

People take people seriously – if they seriously know thier field.  I was in a similar position to you, starting a business at 23 in a field that usually require many years of experience and understanding.  I by no means know it all, but I feel I know my fair share – and whatever I dont know I research, ask around and sometimes just wing it!  Dont let your age be your limiting factor for going out there and having a go.  The best advice for a business start up is to get a great team behind you to help you set it up correctly and keep you on the right path.  A good accountant, solicitor and some type of business mentor (family or friend) is a good anchor point.  Get into business for the right reasons, like better lifestyle and earlier retirement – because goals like to get rich quick and never work again rarely happen!  Also, work smarter – not harder!

pinkboy

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

definitely require Realestate licence. Property/building inspection may require building or building inspector licence, pest inspection licence & professional indemnity insurance. Licence requirements are state based.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.