All Topics / Help Needed! / Mining Towns

Viewing 61 post (of 61 total)
  • Profile photo of KeyStrategiesKeyStrategies
    @keystrategies

Hi Everyone

The last 3 days has been interesting to observe – All the Doom and Gloom about the Norwich Park Mine closure has been all over the Media yet the announcement made by Anglo American Coal to Double its mine size in Moranbah on the same day has gone virtually unnoticed an as had almost NO press.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/mining-energy/anglo-doubles-mine-plan-at-moranbah-south/story-e6frg9df-1226323271989

The same goes for all the conversations in a number of the threads and posts in the forum

Yes, the mine closure is a setback and for those that got caught in the buying Frenzy over the last 6 months or so they will pay a price (shortterm I believe) but lets remember that there are Four new mines open/opening, 8 existing mines are getting expanded, 36 new mines and 13 mine expansions are being considered…and ONE closes. Hardly a disaster for the region for either Dysart or Moranbah.

Viewing 61 post (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.