All Topics / General Property / ZERO VACANCY RATE IN GLADSTONE QLD

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of jaymyategjaymyateg
    @jaymyateg

I have recently become friends with LJ Hooker Gladstone on Facebook and they have stated tonight that they have a ZERO Vacancy Rate.  Looks like a great place to invest.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Could be too late – it's been labled as a hot-spot for a while now. Prices may have already jumped…..

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of jaymyategjaymyateg
    @jaymyateg

Hmmm   looking on Realestate.com.au and the individual sites they are still reasonable and surely the rents will be quite high if there are no properties?

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

Also interesting to note that there are currently only 115 properties advertised for rent in realestate.com.au, but 850 jobs in Gladstone on seek.com.au.

This is a sure sign of a huge housing shortage coming soon, with huge competition for rentals which will rapidly increase rents in coming months.

Profile photo of jdufalljdufall
    Participant
    @jdufall

Hi Mattnz

Many of the ads on Seek are from agencies and more often than not there are numerous ads from different agencies for the same job. The company I work for advertised on Seek and there were 7 agencies advertising the same position. I received 3 applications from the same person from different agencies.

Regards

John

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

It also works the other way too John. Multiple vacancies from a single advertisement, for example this ad for a number of boilermakers and welders http://www.seek.com.au/Job/boilermakers-welders-gladstone/in/gladstone-central-qld/18527791

Profile photo of jdufalljdufall
    Participant
    @jdufall

Hi Mattnz

This is what i'm talking about as Outback Industrial is a recruitment agency and, according to their website, have and I quote

"At the present time we hold details for in excess of one hundred highly skilled, qualfied and referenced candidates looking to work in the Industrial Sector, Australia-Wide:"

Not excactly secure employment.  Usually the best ads for mulitple vacancies are from companies wanting to employ and not agencies.

That's not to say that Gladstone is not a good investment area. I have been looking over in Qld around the Bowen Basin and surrounding areas for a little while and looking to fly over to get a look at the areas.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.