All Topics / Overseas Deals / USA investment property

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Profile photo of kccashflowkccashflow
    @kccashflow

The best cash flow we've found is in the urban core where investment homes can be purchased at the least expensive prices, yet achieve a good gross monthly rental income.  

Paul

Profile photo of lucigooseylucigoosey
    @lucigoosey

what about capital growth? what could you achieve in 10 year?

Profile photo of RickHRickH
    @rickh

Hi ausInvertor,

Sorry for the delay.
    We are purchasing 3 properties in Kansas City via My Usa Property.
    This is a one stop service they handle everything from soursing property, LLC set up
    property management and tax accounting as well as US finance and bank account set up.
    I am happy with their service and the only hold up has been the finance in US. They are going through
    a bank that will do upto 70% LVR . (smaller bank and does take alot longer than other finance options)

Overall I have no problems reccomending MyUSAProperties . The 3 we have are all rehabbed and tennants in place
    healthy returns and reasonably priced. (between 40-60k mark)

Hope this helps

Rick

@lucigoosey

So they provide you with US financing? Does that mean your interest rate is at 2%??? How do they do that?

Profile photo of speedy gonzalesspeedy gonzales
    @speedy-gonzales

Hi Lucigoosey,

There is no such thing as US financing at 2%. When you hear in the media that rates in the US are close to zero percent….that is like a wholesale rate that the bank buys the funds and the re-lend it to customers. If your a US resident you would expect to pay as low as 3-4% if your credit score is solid.

As a foreign national borrower you are obviously a higher risk. The other thing to consider is that the bank can't off-sell your mortgage or get it securitised via Fannie Mae which is their source of funding. So you should not expect to get rates the same as a US resident. I met with a Regional President of a smaller regional bank north of Dallas when I was over last and an Australian resident would pay anywhere between 6-7% depending upon the strength of the applicant and what type of property you were purchasing. They considered a single family home the best security and were quite happy to lend in the name of a newly formed LLC.

I used to work in the US, 9 years ago and had a lot of dealings with banks and unfortunately the delay that RickH in his purchase of the 3 KC properties has is common. From experience, more often then not such delays indicated that a negative response is likely…hope that's not the case for you Rick

@lucigoosey

Why not just borrow money in Oz seems to be similar interest rate…then? draw down on equity or something like that? I guess everyone is in a different situation with their finances.

Profile photo of white_goodmanwhite_goodman
    Participant
    @white_goodman
    lucigoosey wrote:
    Why not just borrow money in Oz seems to be similar interest rate…then? draw down on equity or something like that? I guess everyone is in a different situation with their finances.

exchange rate risk

Profile photo of speedy gonzalesspeedy gonzales
    @speedy-gonzales

Hi Lucigoosey,

White Goodman is correct…exchange rate risk. It also saves using all/some of your Australian equity.

You are also correct Lucigoosey in that everyone's situation is different and there is no single approach that suits all. Just like investing in Australia.

Profile photo of SanfranciscoSanfrancisco
    @sanfrancisco

I have a house in San Francisco Bay area. Works GREAT!  Cost $US110,000 for lovely house that just needed paint. Last sold for $400,000. Got 20 tenants that want to rent a $1550/mth, in the 3 days I advertised. Property Tax is 1.25% of purchase price.
    Closing a similar one soon.
    Only problem is cant find USA finance under 12%. Paid $500 for application fee with likely Florida based firm, but no luck. Anybody found that elusive 5% finance yet?

Profile photo of Mark123Mark123
    @mark123

Hi Rick H

Do you know the name of the smaller bank that you are obtaining the loan from.

Profile photo of SanfranciscoSanfrancisco
    @sanfrancisco

No, was trying to finance through USA BOUND, a Florida based outfit catering for us Foreign Nationals.

Profile photo of RickHRickH
    @rickh

Hi All,

Update on our loan. The bank president has ok'd the loan and has now ordered valuations on the 3 properties to make sure they stack up (i am sure this will be fine). All indicates loans will go through ok. Only thing is it wont be until after new year.
    The bank is a subsiduary of Fidality Bank based in Florida I believe

Profile photo of Treasure HunterTreasure Hunter
    Participant
    @treasure-hunter

G’Day all,

RickH, sounds like you’ve got them over the line, with regard to the finance. Well done!
    Can I ask what rate are you being offered? (apologies if I have missed this elsewhere).

@lucigoosey
    Sanfrancisco wrote:
    I have a house in San Francisco Bay area. Works GREAT!  Cost $US110,000 for lovely house that just needed paint. Last sold for $400,000. Got 20 tenants that want to rent a $1550/mth, in the 3 days I advertised. Property Tax is 1.25% of purchase price.
    Closing a similar one soon.
    Only problem is cant find USA finance under 12%. Paid $500 for application fee with likely Florida based firm, but no luck. Anybody found that elusive 5% finance yet?

Hi Sanfransico just wondering who are you using to purchase your property's? Are you here in Australia?

@lucigoosey
    speedy gonzales wrote:
    Hi Lucigoosey,

White Goodman is correct…exchange rate risk. It also saves using all/some of your Australian equity.

You are also correct Lucigoosey in that everyone's situation is different and there is no single approach that suits all. Just like investing in Australia.

Hi Speedy….. i may sound like i know what i am talking about but not really…. :)
    I dont understand the exchange rate risk, could you explain?
    thanks

Profile photo of white_goodmanwhite_goodman
    Participant
    @white_goodman
    lucigoosey wrote:

Hi Speedy….. i may sound like i know what i am talking about but not really…. :)
    I dont understand the exchange rate risk, could you explain?

your investment is paid is US dollars (rent), your loan is paid in AUD. If AUDUSD goes higher when you transfer the USD to AUD to pay the loan you will have less money to do so. Also vice versa…

many of us are making a play on AUDUSD reverting back to 0.80 level, in effect you would be increasing your exposure to currency risk by getting a local loan, depends how confident you are in USD gaining some strength back…

Profile photo of jeff2investUSAjeff2investUSA
    @jeff2investusa
    lucigoosey wrote:
    Hello

I also am interested in possibly investing in the USA. I have noticed Jeff @ investusa commenting on a number of posts (sorry to be talking about you Jeff). Just wondering if anyone has dealt with Jeff and investusa and can provide any feedback

Ta

Hi Lucygoosey.

I have a suggestion, you can email me and I would be glad to speak with you. I have had a number of investors make contact with me from this forum, I can only make suggestions based on my own personal experience, research, due dilligence

My USA partners are investors themselves who have done the hard yards long before any locals started to do business in the USA.

They have a proven track record that can be verified.

Many on the property forum are first time investors and are all wanting some type of advise were to invest..Miami…Tampa….Orlando….Atlanta…..so many markets.

The key to success is the infrastructure that has been set up. The most important is property management if you can purchase a house for 30K…..20K what ever and you CANNOT get a long term tenant then you will be sitting on a lemon.

Have a look on Zilliow.com and look at some of the cities ie Miami…Detriot and see what the prices were 5 and 10 years ago, this will give you some idea of the topsy turvy markets they are.

I invest in an area that has had NO boom or bust steady 3% growth. good positive cash flow average 20%…..wouldn’t say that I will get much capital growth I am not concerned if I am getting these type of returns year in & out.

That’s my opinion many will still want to invest in the sunbelt areas to them i say good luck!!

Jeff

[email protected]

I

Profile photo of Marie123Marie123
    Participant
    @marie123

Jeff

Can I ask what area you are investing in (sorry if I missed it somewhere)?

Marie

Profile photo of Treasure HunterTreasure Hunter
    Participant
    @treasure-hunter
    Marie123 wrote:
    Jeff

Marie

Hi Marie123 :-)

I notice all of the properties on the investusatoday.com.au website are in Rochester, New York State.

Cheers, TH

Profile photo of jeff2investUSAjeff2investUSA
    @jeff2investusa
    Treasure Hunter wrote:
    Marie123 wrote:
    Jeff

Marie

Hi Marie123 :-)

I notice all of the properties on the investusatoday.com.au website are in Rochester, New York State.

Cheers, TH

TH,

Thanks for the free plug!! I don’t think the moderator would appreciate you plugging the website. We do have property out of Denver but these go very quickly due to the fact that our partners there do not deal in REO properties.

Rochester has had a bad wrap however if you have the right infrastructure place then there are some good deals to be done.

Jeff

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.