All Topics / Help Needed! / COnstruction cost for double storied house

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of peter.mateypeter.matey
    @peter.matey

Hello All,

Hello All, 

I am quite new to this property business. I have a rough sketch at the moment of buying a big block and splitting it into two. I have made some initial inquiries about obtaining the DA approval from the council. The block I am looking at is fairly flat. Can any body guide me in estimating the rough cost of the construction of a double storied house with moderate quality of fixtures? Gross floor area of the building would be around 190 Sq m including garage patios and veranda. Is there any thumb rule for arriving at the construction cost?

Thanks in advance for all your replies

regards

Peter

Profile photo of IP FreelyIP Freely
    @ip-freely

Architect Designed house – about $2500/m2
    Project home – about $1500/m2

http://www.bmtqs.com.au/ConstructionCostCalculator.aspx

Profile photo of peter.mateypeter.matey
    @peter.matey

Thanks for that.

I will check this out thanks again

Cheers

Peter

Profile photo of onthemoneyonthemoney
    @onthemoney

I would like to also suggest you contact 3 local builders and ask them for their m2 price for constructing a high set. In fact you need to get them to come out to the block and eyeball it because if theres even a slight slope the builder will either cut the block and or add retaining walls to level it off and you need to factor that in. What seems a relatively flat block may have costs as such. Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.