All Topics / Value Adding / Subdividing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of lbluedentolbluedento
    Participant
    @lbluedento

Looking at properties that would have a potential for value adding either through reno or subdivision. I have found a few cashflow +ve already with houses on large blocks (1/4 acre) and built at the front leaving heaps of room at the back.
    My question is:
    Where do you start?
    Do you approach council to determine whether the property could be subdivided first?

Can you recommend a book to read or a site to visit to find out the basics to starting out?

Thanks

Ruth

Profile photo of luke86luke86
    Participant
    @luke86

Hi Ruth,

Visit the local councils website and look for a future development plan for the area. There are documents on most (if not all) of the councils websites that will detail the minimum block sizes for subdivisions including minimum sizes for battleaxe blocks. These documents will also have other requirements for the blocks such as access and open space requirements. If you study this and ring or visit the council and speak to a planning officer then you should be pretty certain if a particular block can be subdivided before you submit an offer.

Which council are you looking for information for?

Cheers,
    Luke

Profile photo of lbluedentolbluedento
    Participant
    @lbluedento

I am looking at Horsham, a few central blocks that are 1173sqm. One has a house that needs demolition or major repairs, so you could start again, and one has a house on the front and a huge empty space at the back. Had a quick look at the council website but I really can’t find the info listed on there, I guess a call to the town planner

Cheers

Ruth

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.