All Topics / General Property / Quenstion for Builders

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Matt007Matt007
    @matt007

Got a question for the builders out there –

How would I find out what the most common building materials being used out there are, and what price is being paid per unit for them wholesale? I don't need a comprehnsive list, just a few ideas so I can make some comparisons. I need specifications etc also so I can compare apples with apples.

Or, if any builders out there who are doing volume construction are willing to let me know even say two products they use most commonly and the specifications etc, and what price per unit they pay, I'd be grateful.

I'm asking to compare with some imported materials to see if it's viable to bring them in, particularly for central/northern queensland, but anywhere really.

Thanks

Matt

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

contact a QS.

You may find that there are some substantial savings to be made on face value however any currency fluctuations, time spent in customs , duties payable, lead time, manufacturing b*lls up, time spent in getting issues fixed, meeting Australian Standards, additional risks etc far outweigh the savings.

Profile photo of Matt007Matt007
    @matt007

Thanks Scott, I've contacted some of the QS I work with in other areas. Will see what comes up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.