All Topics / Help Needed! / Ground Floor versus 1st Floor 2 apartment – capital growth

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of EzEz
    @ez

Hi All,
    I wanted everyones thoughts on whether to buy the ground floor versus top floor 2 bed aprtment.
    The major differences is the ground floor hass 2 x courtyards, but is closer to communal bins so could be a bit nosier/smellier. The top floor apartment has a resonable balcony that has nature views. Both are quite private on a small development. The ground floor is only $4k more and would probably only get the same rental return. The properties would be suitable for a couple, or students and is for investment only however my main goal is capital growth (is in inner location of a capital city that really has 4 seasons). Any thoughts or things to consider? Thanks in adavnce,

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

For only $4k more I'd be tempted to go the courtyard option. Land in an apartment complex is a luxury!

Also, if your willing (and if body corp allows) you could let the tenants to keep a small pet (the little patch of land will come in handy) and you'll be able to ask for a higher rent.

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of EzEz
    @ez

Thanks Jamie…..really apprecaite your view.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.