All Topics / Help Needed! / Struggling to find finance

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Rick JonesRick Jones
    @rick-jones

Hi everybody,

I have found a prospective IP deal but am struggling to get the finance from the banks. The property will sell for about $450 k and comprises 3 units on the one title, with the rental income $600 pw before any reno's in an area ripe for future capital gain.

My PPOR is valued at $800 k and I owe $380k. I also have $220k cash from an inheritance. My problem appears to be my lack of income through only working part-time (me $45k per year and my partner about $10k).

I intend to do reno's on the unit myself (i have done this in the past) so I don't particularly want to have to go back to full-time work just to get a loan. I have had lo-doc and no-doc loans in the past but they don't seem available anymore.

Can anybody point me in the right direction or suggest anything I can't see? I don't really want to pass up this current opportunity.

Cheers, Rick

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Rick

Yes the new Credit laws have curtailed some of the Nodoc / Lodoc lending however in saying that there are still plenty of excellent products out there that require varying levels of documentation from "stated income" to the odd BAS statement to merely holding an ABN for greater than 6 months.

I would need a little more information to tell you whether i feel the deal can be done but in all honesty most deals can be done some way. Feel free to drop me an email if you want me to cast an eye over the deal i slightly more depth.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Rick JonesRick Jones
    @rick-jones

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply. I also beleive there must be a way to make it work. I will email you in greater detail to see what you think I can do.

Regards, Rick

Participant
    @qlds007

No dramas

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of illuminatiilluminati
    @illuminati

if you do find a solution i would be curious to know the details on what you did.

Participant
    @qlds007

illumnati

There are many ways to obtain a loan with equity.

The NCCP certainly places the emphasist on serviceability and as a consequence many traditional lenders withdrew their Nodoc / lodoc style products but as always when 1 door closes another 1 opens.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.