All Topics / Overseas Deals / New Investor

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of hiravhirav
    Participant
    @hirav

Hi ,

I am 26 yr old from Sydney and would like to invest in overseas property like usa and like to know where can I get basic information for that like rules and finances etc.

I would appreciate if anyone out there can help me.

Thanks
    Hirav

Profile photo of jeff2tractjeff2tract
    @jeff2tract

Hi Hirav,

I am involved in a business that advises investors on the inns and outs of USA property investment.

Do you have a strategy ie wanting capital gain or positive cash flow?

What is your budget?

Jeff

Profile photo of hiravhirav
    Participant
    @hirav

Thanks Jeff,

I am really after positive cash flow and being a new in the sector really not looking forward to invest a fortune.What would you recommend.

Regards

@jeff2tract

Hirav,

You would need at least 30-60K to get started, in some markets you will need more. There are a lot of people offering property deals in Florida, Atlanta, Ohio, Michigan. You need to do some due diligence in regards to vacancy rates, unemployment figures.

I am investing in an area that gives good positive cash flow up to 25% net, property already tenanted. Potential capital gain, as mentioend some area’s will give you better capital gain. Again you need to have some strategy in mind as to how long you would want to hold the property to get capital gain, some people that I have spoken with suggest that the USA will not recover for at least 7-10 years, others say 5 years.

The area that I am investing in did not experience a bubble or a bust, just is consistent.

You can also make capital gain of fixing up the property then selling , but capital gains tax comes into it.

How did you hear about investing in the USA?

Jeff

Participant
    @hirav

thanks,what is your company name and where you based

@jeff2tract

Hirav,

I am based in Sydney, the company is called Invest USA. We are just finishing up our website. You can contact me [email protected]

@jeff2tract

Hirav,
    My email was incorrect it is [email protected]
    Sorry about that

Jeff

Participant
    @hirav

Thanks For that ,but I have heard you need only 15 to 20k to get started as being invest in the small property and then in to large one …Also need to know if i can form a company along with my business partnet (LLC) and then start investing.

@jeff2tract

Hirav,

I would be very skeptical in purchasing a property for 15-20K. I have been looking into USA property for a while and have not seen to many of in this price range, if they are they would need extensive rehabs. Can I ask you which area in the US you have seen these properties?

You would need to from a LLC to be able as a foreign person to invest in US property. You would need a US attorney, one can do it yourself on the net, it costs anywere from $600-$1000.

I am using an attorney and it costs $750 plus filing fee’s….total price just under $1000.

Were are you living….what state in OZ?

Jeff

Profile photo of CheevesFinancialCheevesFinancial
    Participant
    @cheevesfinancial

Hello Hirav,

I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about investing within the US.  I am located in Southwest Florida and we have opportunities to fit all budgets.  Jeff is correct, you will probably need about $30-60k to get started on a good investment.  Anything much less than that you could be getting an older house where although in the short term the price is low in the long term you will spend more money in fixing it up as items slowly break.  Also within this price range, you risk the quality of the neighborhood which means the risk of receiving your monthly check dramatically increases.  We have several opportunities in which I can discuss with you within the $30-60k range.  Our most popular product is approximately $80,000US and are duplexes with Cap Rates of 13%. 

Feel free to contact me to further discuss.

Regards,

Mike
    [email protected]

CheevesFinancial | Cushman & Wakefield - Commercial Property SW FL
    http://www.CommercialRealEstateVoice.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of jayarrjayarr
    @jayarr

Buying your first property, owning your first home and getting your first step on the property ladder, is exciting and a little daunting. It is also the first step on the ladder to financial security. Buy the next one and suddenly you are a go getter, an entrepreneur even an an investor. Invest in overseas property and you have really made it!

Look at the present situation. With the end of many final salary pension schemes and the ongoing poor performance of personal pensions there exists the very real certainty that many of us will simply not have enough money to live on in later life. The need to take responsibility for our future financial health has never been greater. There are many investment routes available, some good and some bad but one has consistently out performed all others over the last 40 years or so – Property!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.