All Topics / General Property / selling property

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of maltraversmaltravers
    @maltravers

Hi,

I am thinking of selling a property… any suggestions on what I should look out for? 
    there is talk that this property will improve once council changes are made but this may not be for a few years.  Should I wait until then?

Profile photo of illuminatiilluminati
    @illuminati

hows the property performing atm? have you made money? is it going up or down in value? there are many many things to consider and calculate.

what made you want to sell?

Profile photo of Kaz YoungKaz Young
    Participant
    @kaz-young

Hi Maltrevers,

As illuminati points out there are quite a few things to consider.  As much as we want to hold onto our properties there can be times when it is reasonable to sell.  It is really important to evaluate the considerations:

–  What is the driving reason for wanting to sell?
    –  Is it a time sensitive reason and therefore the sale needs to be now?
    –  How is the property performing?
    –  Also what external factors in the location will be having influence and when (e.g. the council changes you mention)
    –  Is the property performing in a manner that is consistent with your strategy or are you looking at changing strategy?

In my mind I lose money when I sell something, so the reasons need to be compelling and offer greater benefit to me in the long term – this is the filter that I run a decision like this through.

I hope some of those questions/suggestions are useful.

Kind regards,

Kaz

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.