All Topics / Help Needed! / Pelican Waters

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of TiffanyGTiffanyG
    @tiffanyg

Hi Everyone,

First time poster here, I was looking at buying a house in Pelican Waters, but was wondering what info you guys might have on the area. I work in the mines so essencially i'm looking for a place for me to leave once I finish working in these areas (in around 5  years) but I want it to be able to go up in value as well, and I don't want to be over paying for a property. Also I don't know the area that well, I've just been there before and thought it was a nice place where I might want to live one day…

Does anyone know much about this area? And what would be a good price to pay for a 5 bedroom 10 year old house with a pool, on a 1200sm plot facing the golf course? i have max 700'000 to spend, do you think a property like this would be in my price range in that area?

Thanks

Profile photo of lormorganlormorgan
    @lormorgan

Hi Tiffany
    Are you talking about Pelican Waters Sunshine Coast Qld?
    Lorraine

Profile photo of TiffanyGTiffanyG
    @tiffanyg

Yes, thats right lormorgan, any ideas?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Personally love the area mainly because the Golf Course is excellent and Caloundra itself is relatively unspoilt.

If you have an existing property in mind and want a Residex report done on it shoot me an email with the property address and i will download one for you.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of TiffanyGTiffanyG
    @tiffanyg

Oh Great cheers :) Can I just send you an email to [email protected]?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Sure Tiffany please do.

Just make the spelling is correct – see below.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of lormorganlormorgan
    @lormorgan

I used to live on Sunshine Coast also worked in real estate agency there. Properties backing on to a golf course (with the exception of Horton Park Golf course in Maroochydore as the council is currently trying to buy it for CBD purposes) have always sold for more money than other houses in the same street.

Beware you do not overspend – the people with prime property who lost big money on the Sunshine Coast in the 80's property bust were the ones who had paid far too much for their houses to start with (mainly waterfront properties) – just for the exclusivity factor such properties offer. 

Also check where the new transport link between Landsborough and Maroochydore is proposed to go – has been talked about for years and continually changes but check if it will affect any property you are looking at.

I no longer live on the Sunshine Coast and I admit I am no expert! Just be cautious – I am absolutely certain you should be able to find an excellent property with the amount of money you have to spend – especially as my friends tell me that at the moment mortgage stress is forcing a lot of real estate sales on the Sunshine Coast. 

Happy house hunting!

Lorraine

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.