All Topics / Help Needed! / Please recommend me a Book!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of leocrespoleocrespo
    @leocrespo

Hi all.

This is my first post. I’ve been in Australia for 2 years now and real estate investing is quite different from my original countries (Portugal and Brazil). We don’t have negative gearing there, for example.

Would you kindly recommend me a good book about real estate investing in Australia? One that talked about tax benefits, investment strategies etc, both for first home buyers and for investors?

American books don’t quite fit with the Australian market, they can fix interest rates for 30 years and they dont’ have negative gearing for example.

Thanks in advance.

Leonardo.

Profile photo of morpheusbushymorpheusbushy
    @morpheusbushy

There’s this great book I’ve heard is pretty good, um, I think it’s called ‘From 0 to 130 Properties in 3.5 years’. ;-)

Profile photo of Matt_ArnoldMatt_Arnold
    Participant
    @matt_arnold

Mate

Two books;

0 – 130 Properties in 3.5 Years – Steve McKnight
    How to grow a Multi Million Dollar Property Portfolio, In Your Spare Time – Michael Yardney

Both take a very different approach to wealth creation…

Matt

Profile photo of leocrespoleocrespo
    @leocrespo

Hello guys.

Thank you for the recommendations. Just to make sure, are those 2 books appropriate for the Australian Market? I found many good books at amazon but they don’t apply here.

Thanks in advance.

Leo

Profile photo of illuminatiilluminati
    @illuminati

there are books on strategies, books on legal, and motivational books, 0-130 properties and steves other books talk about how to find, purchase and expand your portfolio with positively geared properties. they are good books, motivational with good info.

For developments i like ron forlee’s book called australian residential property development – a step by step guide for investors

for legal and structures/trusts etc, i like how to legally reduce your tax “without losing and money!” by tony melvin and ed chan.

for motivation, i read donald trumps books, its obviously about large developments. but i am in construction and project management, so his books really get me motivated and are really fast paced and well written.

@leocrespo

Thanks for the recommendations.

Also, is there any book on tips on how to buy a home for you to live in?

Thanks

Leonardo

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

For the fundamentals of property investing, I'd recommend Jan Somers – Wealth through Residential Property. It's a little outdated now but the fundamentals are still relevant today.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

@leocrespo

Thank you guys, I’ll be heading to the bookstore today.

Leo

Profile photo of illuminatiilluminati
    @illuminati

Im about half way through steves new book now, 0-260+ properties, he does mentions lots of things in this book compared to his last one, he mentions trusts and markets, and crunching the numbers etc. not all in great detail, but its a pretty good book for covering all the basics and some good strategies for buying property and how to find deals.

But yeah, the other books i mentioned too!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.