All Topics / Help Needed! / Megasealed bathrooms

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of LDM5162LDM5162
    Participant
    @ldm5162

Good morning,
    About to settle on an IP of two units, approx 30 years old.  Building report noted some issues with water leakage from shower in one of units. Negotiated a price reduction.  Looking for feedback re Megasealed services.  Acknowledge it will only be a quick fix, but as units are happily tenanted, unwilling to do a complete bathroom reno at this stage, so looking for an interim fix.
    Grateful for any feedback or ideas.
    Cheers,
    Lee

Profile photo of TrevTrev
    @trev

The shower plumbing may be leaking, particularly at the breeching piece which is a common problem; have a plumber carry out a pressure test to see whether that is the case.  Apply silicone jointing at the floor/ wall junctions and at internal corners in the shower.  Make sure that any jointing in the tiling looks sound. 

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi Trev

We've used Megasealed probably 15 or so times and have got nothing but high praise for them.  They've also got a long guarantee, so that's also been appealing.

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of LDM5162LDM5162
    Participant
    @ldm5162

Thanks Trev, Paul and Karen,
    The previous owners had tried the silicon route and slathered lots of it around.  I know the issue will require a bathroom reno down the track, but I'm would like to buy a bit more time.  So Megasealed may be the one to go.
    Thanks again,
    Lee

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.