All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Cost of relocating structures from new subdivision

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of ladybirdladybird
    Participant
    @ladybird

I will be building a townhouse at the rear of my existing property. A patio currently straddles what will become the boundary between the properties and will need to be relocated to inside the boundary of the existing property. A car port currently at the rear of the property and which is completely inside what will be the new rear lot boundary needs to be relocated to the front of the existing property.

Are the costs of relocating these structures, which will include some material costs as the patio will need new posts due to height differences, chargeable against the cost base of the new townhouse? Although they will remain part of my PPOR after the relocation, the need to relocate them in the first place is because of the new townhouse subdivision. Could their relocation be seen as part of the cost of clearing the site to make it ready for construction? Being able to charge the cost against the new building has tax advantages.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.