All Topics / Heads Up! / Metrepole Michael Yardney

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of rachael Welmanrachael Welman
    @rachael-welman

Hello

My Husband and I are new to property investing we have read 2 of Steves Books which are great and we have booked our tickets for seminar at gold coast in a couple of weeks with steve and are looking forward to it.

We have recently been invited to one of Metrepole 3 day workshops has anyone attended a workshop with this company before?? would love feed back on other peoples experience with Metrepole.

Thanks
    Rachael

Profile photo of Charles 1Charles 1
    Participant
    @charles-1

Yardney’s investment philosophy is very different to Steve McKnight.

He believes in capital growth property and value add. I’ve found his books really great and I look forward to him weekly newsletter – always some good stuff to read- if you don’t subscribe you can do so here: http://www.propertyupdate.com.au

You’ll find a few references to Michael throughout this site, esp his books. Don’t be surprised if not many people here have used his services – remember his philosophy is different to Steve McKinght.

I guess the one good thing about Yardney is how long he has been in property and that his message has been consistant throughout.

I’ve been to a few of his all day seminars – very good. haven’t been to the 3 day one, but would really like to – maybe next year

Profile photo of rachael Welmanrachael Welman
    @rachael-welman

Thanks Charles for your feedback.
    Really appreciate it.

Rachael

Profile photo of Matt_ArnoldMatt_Arnold
    Participant
    @matt_arnold

Hi Rachel

I'll pretty much echo the words of Charles. Yardney takes a very different approach to that of Steve's.

I have been to one of Yardney's one day work shops, and what really impressed me, is that he is quite a methodical numbers based investor. His investment strategy has been tested and survived several property cycles.

I align myself with his view of a changing demographic. Specifically, the number of traditional Husband & Wife with 2.3kids and a dog is giving way to Dinks (Dual Income, No Kids), single parents, baby boomers selling down etc.

Thus, the demand for large 3 bedroom houses is decreasing and the demand for 2 bedroom units close to the CBD is increasing. Who needs a backyard to maintain when you work 50+ hrs a week and don't have any kids ?

Having said that, i don't know that i would spend 5K on anybodies 3 Day seminar…  Steve's, Yadney's or others.

You can buy a heck load of books to get a grip on your strategy, residex reports to choose your area and a heap of fuel / accommodation to find the right property for 5K.

Matt

Profile photo of GBHGBH
    @gbh

I have been to Michael Yarneys 3 day coarse about 3 years ago. It was very informative  and he is very knowledgeable when it comes to property and property cycles. His philosiphy it to by good property in good locations and add value

Gavin

@rachael-welman

Thanks Matt and Gavin for your comments great help

Rach

Profile photo of MITMIT
    Participant
    @millionaire-in-training

I agree with the other comments here in so much as Yardney is quite different from Steve's teachings.

Having been a part of the orignal RESULTS Mentoring Progrma for some years now, I have not bothered to attend any of Yardneys multi day events.  I have however attended one of his previews and found him way too conservative for my liking and seeming to target Mum and Dad investors..that's fine for them..not for me….give me Steve's courses anyday!!!!!

In reviewing all these sorts of event I encourage people to look at what they are trying to achieve and how long they plan on taking to get there.. answering this question usually sorts the wheat from the chaff. Every invetor has a different perspective based on their model / perception of the world of invsting so what fits my way of thinking may not fit yours and vice versa.. wht ever you chooose to do i encourage people to always look at the risks and rewards and do their own due diligence, this applies to courses and seminars as much as investing in property
    Warm regards
    Sue

MIT | Owen Real Estate
    Email Me

@rachael-welman

Thankyou so much sue for your time and comment I ppreciate it.
    Warm Regards
    Rachael

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.