All Topics / Creative Investing / Bunnings Credit Card $10000 Purchase Limit

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Profile photo of Daniel CameronDaniel Cameron
    Participant
    @daniel-cameron

Bunnings will be unrolling across Australia in a few months, currently it's only available in Tasmania, a $10,000 limit purchase card with up to 55 days Interest free and around 10% Interest there after.

I think this is a great idea though they do not call it a credit card it's the same as buying using one but Bunnings is acting as bank instead.

One of my goals is to walk into Bunnings and put a house in a shopping trolley and wheel it home. The shopping trolley being a truck delivery though. I've applied for a $100,000 trade account. 

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

wow, that would hurt serviceability.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Daniel CameronDaniel Cameron
    Participant
    @daniel-cameron

It could just a tad. Dependent on how well finances is structured and if development pre-sale etc. But whatever way moves me forward?

Profile photo of Ryan McLeanRyan McLean
    Participant
    @ryan-mclean

It would be good serviceability for 55 days…then not so good

Ryan McLean | On Property
    http://onproperty.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of grimnargrimnar
    Participant
    @grimnar

Hmm… $10,000 + bunnings…. that's dangerous talk!!

For some reason, every time I walk in there for a $2 thingamagig I walk out with $1000 worth of doobywhatsits… and on most occasions I have completely forgotten about the thingamagig and have to go back! 

Now picture 'store credit'…

Participant
    @daniel-cameron
    grimnar wrote:
    Hmm… $10,000 + bunnings…. that's dangerous talk!!

For some reason, every time I walk in there for a $2 thingamagig I walk out with $1000 worth of doobywhatsits… and on most occasions I have completely forgotten about the thingamagig and have to go back! 

Now picture 'store credit'…

Is that when the thingamagig is for making a wingwong with a gooses bridge?

Trade accounts are good fun i already got four of them and had $8,000 booked up last two months and paid down all debt, could easily get $30,000 in materials tomorrow.

Profile photo of hmcleayhmcleay
    @hmcleay

If you've got your owner builder's permit, you can apply for an 'owner builder card' at bunnings…
    This card gives you trade discount (up to 10%) on most items, but you still pay 'up front' for the items as per normal purchases.

Profile photo of grimnargrimnar
    Participant
    @grimnar

Oooh, that's a neat trick…. will have to check it out.

Nah the thingamagig replaces the wingwong, which is no longer in production… But what I really want to know, is why do gooses need bridges anyway???

Profile photo of Ben KBen K
    Participant
    @ben-k

$10000

that is intense, please delete this thread before my partner sees it lol

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates
    grimnar wrote:
    Oooh, that's a neat trick…. will have to check it out.

Nah the thingamagig replaces the wingwong, which is no longer in production… But what I really want to know, is why do gooses need bridges anyway???

Generally they don't but left handed ones never go astray & they are a special order on Tuesdays.

Daniel, why would you want an account at Bunnings anyway? I find Hardware & General (or other independents) are better priced & higher quality & still take my credit card or business accounts.

Participant
    @daniel-cameron

Because credit can make me a lot of money. I made 50k equity on paper on the last purchase because i could buy some time to renovate a couple of properties knowing i could use the cash instead to buy an acquisition in the meantime.

It saved my skin and i wouldn't have relied-ed on anyone else to get me through.

My Bunnings Trade Card arrived this week did anyone elses come?

An example of possibly how I'm going to use it is to shop for a cheap water tank and then if Bunnings are not cheaper get it 10% less on credit as per company policy and get the tank installed while going for the rebate of $1000 and not needing any money to do it.

I agree though i def hunt around for cheapish secondhand products as much as possible. Also for example i took my tradie in to buy a brand new $1400 dollar or so Saw to pay him as i didn't have cash. He was happy, i was happy, the store was happy. That enabled me to finish the second property while i was up in Queensland having a short holiday.

I'm setting them up for flip Reno's in the future to as a possible option and or even to get a development through to completion say perhaps.

Profile photo of RobbiePRobbieP
    @robbiep

Hi,

With the $10 000 Bunnings Credit Card, are you able to access with money for another needs? i.e property purchasing

In South Africa, what I did once is get the maximum amount on my credit card and I actually purchased a property at a real bargain using the funds on my credit card.

You can also use this money to pay for deposits and fees accociated with buying a property with the deal is really good and you dont have the upfront funds to put down a deposit of pay the associated fees.

But beware, this must be done wisely and the repayments required on your Credit card will need to be taken into consideration when evaluating a deal.

Regards,
    Robbie

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    Ben K wrote:
    $10000

that is intense, please delete this thread before my partner sees it lol

Haha, same! We’ve been to the same Bunnings each day for the last week. We go there to look at some heaters and leave with a $3k carpet order, 20 odd litres of paint and a new vanity.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

After Bunnings bought out the main local hardware concern in a central west NSW country town last year, the application form for credit required the applicant to agree to using their real estate as security for default.

Read the application form very carefully.
    Cheers
    thecrest 

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Wow – just popped into bunnings to grab some more paint. Couldn’t get a car park and waited at the paint desk for half an hour! The weekend warriors (myself included) are out in abundance today!

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of pinkboypinkboy
    Participant
    @pinkboy
    thecrest wrote:
    After Bunnings bought out the main local hardware concern in a central west NSW country town last year, the application form for credit required the applicant to agree to using their real estate as security for default.

Read the application form very carefully.
    Cheers
    thecrest 

I read this in my application for credit at Bunnings in my home town.  Very concerning watching all the tradies walking out of thier trade shops, especially when some very large local builders have gone belly up recently, leaving these tradies in the lurch 2-fold – bad debt, loss of work!  When in business, never say it will never happen to you!

pinkboy

Profile photo of RenoTeamRenoTeam
    @renoteam

Just found this thread. Has anyone else signed for the Bunnings Credit Card? Any thoughts on the fine print? For experienced renovators this could be very handy but for the weekend warriors it could be a trap.

Holly

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.