All Topics / Help Needed! / about Renovations !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of latormorlatormor
    @latormor

Hello investors !

My partner and I have been considering the posibility of doing a renovation in Adelaide, we find it very interesting. However this would be our first time, so it could take a while to do the due dilligence then renovate (a simple reno) but if we finish but the end of the year, do you think is it hard to sell properties by Christmas eve? Some things get slow between december and january and this could be one of them, which could impact our budget due to the holding costs

We were thinking about renovating a small unit just to get started. Is there any particular advice that anyone could give in regard to this matter?

Cheers

Alex

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Christmas isn't a great time to be selling.  Also consider that tradesmen start to go on holidays so it's harder to hire in staff for the various stages of your project….

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of latormorlatormor
    @latormor

Tradesmen's holidays, good point! 

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Better to buy on Christmas Eve (get a bargain) then renovate.

Work out what you can do yourself and what you need to get help with.

The most important thing (well other than a cost estimate) is to do a timeline. Some things take a while (bathrooms, kitchens) and you need to get them sorted first.

Get a list of recommended tradies ready before you start. Ring real estate agents to find what is in demand from buyers/renters in the area.

Profile photo of latormorlatormor
    @latormor

Hello Catalyst,

Thanks very much for your advice ! Christmas bargains sound very good.

Our dilemma now is that we need help/guidance in regard to strategy. We thought about the 2-day Stephen Tolle and Cherie Barber workshop. But that would be 5000$ + 2000$ (for my partner). So , we’re not pretty sure. We’re aware that we will have to pay for knowledge but I didn’t expect it to be that expensive. The other option was to buy the Elise and Dean Parker DVD program which has been highly recommended in this forum.

Any opinions about this? We’re very very new at this, so we still believe we need a mentor.

Cheers

Alex

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.