All Topics / Help Needed! / Toowoomba Villas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of wezwazwezwaz
    Participant
    @wezwaz

Appealing to anyone with knowledge of the Toowoomba market…

There is a villa in Mackenzie St, Centenary Heights. It is stand alone at the rear of four, priced at $425k last I looked. It is about 17 squares. I think this is a bit overpriced. Friends of mine bought a villa in Murlali Crt, just off Tourist Rd for $440k and it is 25 squares (from memory)!

There are 12 villas at 15 Arthur St that have been on the market for ages and have failed to sell – obviously because they are overpriced. Currently most are priced over $500k and some over $600k. These are big villas at more than 20 squares.

Also, there is a townhouse in Tara St, Wilsonton, just down from the shopping centre. It has been on the market for ages and is now priced at $372k. It is unusual in that the kitchen and dining room is upstairs with bedrooms downstairs. Might that have something to do with why it hasn't sold, or again maybe it is just overpriced.

If you know of these properties, what are your thoughts on their values/asking prices and locations? Thanks for any info.

Profile photo of Trev71Trev71
    @trev71

Hi Wezwaz,
    Centenary Heights is a cheaper suburb so unless the townhouse is new it doesnt sound like it would represent
    good value. Im sure the rent would only be around low to mid $300's. So I think your inkling is right in that its
    overpriced.

Wilsonton is also another cheaper suburb of Toowoomba and thats where you can find some real bargains…but
    $ 372K is quite high for that area…but depends on the property itself. In darling heights you can pick a nice 4x2x2
    house anything from low to mid $300's and its an appealing suburb.

Any reason why you like Toowoomba ??? if there is any local info you need let me know and i'll help anyway I can.

Regards,
    Trev

Profile photo of wezwazwezwaz
    Participant
    @wezwaz

Trev

The villa in Centenary Heights is new.

I am looking to make a choice on living in Perth or Toowoomba, so looking for an owner occupier. Toowoomba is my home area, but Perth puts me closer to work. The dilemma is Perth is so expensive, but then again every capital city is. It's not a matter of what I can afford. It's about drawing a line in the sand and say I'm not paying more than that. In that respect, Toowoomba offers better prospects.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.