All Topics / Finance / any better products out there?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of mccozmccoz
    Participant
    @mccoz

Hi there,

I'm looking for a second opinion  from the excellent finance gurus we have in this forum.

Looking for finance for a block of land in VIC.

Before I outline the details, I've been offered Choicelend from a broker, at 6.55% but am horrified by the early exit fee of two notional monthly interest payments….   Surely there are better products for me out there. According to the broker, this is the most viable option for me. But I am hard pressed to believe this. Or am I missing something?

Land price: 240K (vacant land)
    Fixed Build price: $190K

Strategy to buy and hold for 3 years atleast – beyond there, it will depend on cirmstances at the time.

seeking finance for both land and construction at 80% LVR.

Thanks for your time.

mccoz

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Mccoz

I think the Advantedge product is an excellent product and it is 1 notional repayment with Fastlend (Choice may have their own policy variations)

In saying that if you are wanting to sell within 3 years and exit fees are a consideration i can think of better valued products.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Homeside – funded by NAB (as is Choicelend).

6.57% – it's a pro pack so comes with offset ($10 per month). Early repayment fees also quite hefty – $1200 within first 4 years. Less than Choicelend though.

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Participant
    @qlds007

Or even better NAB direct and $900 exit fee in first 4 years.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of kimandglenkimandglen
    @kimandglen

Think you will find that Choicelend is actually a little higher than the 6.55% your broker has told you during the construction phase. Just something else you probably need to take note of.

Profile photo of mccozmccoz
    Participant
    @mccoz

Thanks everyone for providing some options  and I can direct the way I'd like to go.  NAB looks like a good overall product. 
    '
    KimandGlen, the contract does state 6.55% but thanks for flagging. i will ask the question.

I don't think what I am seeking is anything out of the ordinary (except maybe vacant land limits my choices?), I do feel dissapointed about the lack of choice provided to me  by this particular broker. I feel he thinks he can lure me in by providing  lowest interest rate options without considering the overall product to fit my needs.  Anyway, I have the choice to to vote with my feet.

Thanks again,  

Mccoz

Participant
    @qlds007

Advantedge charge an extra 0.15% loading on vacant land and during the construction phase.

Wouldnt be too hard on your Broker as it is a good product maybe something that you didnt want given the rest of your circumstances.

Vacant land doesnt limited your choice.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.