All Topics / Help Needed! / Identifying Properties for Redevelopment

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Matt007Matt007
    @matt007

Hi All
    Looking for some advice/input from the more experienced developers out there about locating/identifying suitable properties for redevelopment. Looking for methodology here, process, that kind of thing.

Looking to expand the capabilities a bit!

Cheers
    Matt.

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Search for properties with land size 800m squared or greater 1000 m squared.

Always check property found with local council before committing any further as I encountered a development ban in one area I was visiting as the area was already over developed.

Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb

Here's a few methodological suggestions:

A) Land within 500m of railway stations is currently being rezoned for higher densities.
    B) Apartments offer a higher density yield than houses.
    C) A consolidation of two neighbouring lots will often generate a higher density/m2 than the lots individually.
    D) Establish a feasibility template of your own understanding that you can use to quickly assess properties.
    E) Talk to the agents in your target areas. They know a lot….they also talk a lot!

Good luck.

Profile photo of Matt007Matt007
    @matt007

Thanks Christianb, much appreciated. I'm a process driven being, thus my question was phrased the way it was.

You're dead right about the agents, got a few good ones I work with up here, just expanding the network further.

cheers!
    Matt.

Profile photo of Charles 1Charles 1
    Participant
    @charles-1

There is a good article here on how to find a development site:

http://propertyupdate.com.au/articles/property-development-guide-part-7—researching-the-perfect-site.html

In fact the whole series of articles here seem pretty good if you are interested in development:
    http://propertyupdate.com.au/categories/property-development.html

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.