All Topics / Help Needed! / Tamworth NSW

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Profile photo of TaylorChangTaylorChang
    Participant
    @scha9799

Hi all,

I am interested in the property development, and I am looking into Tamworth area.

Does anyone have any experience and knowledge about Tamworth.

I am thinking get a positive cashflow peoperty ( house) and hold for a year ( to save some money), then subdividing into townhouses.

any comments

Thank you
    Taylor

TaylorChang | Finance Broker
    Email Me | Phone Me

Home loan | Commercial loan | 0414 691 517

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

There's a massive guitar.

Sorry – wish I could add more :)

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of TaylorChangTaylorChang
    Participant
    @scha9799

Thank you Jamie : )

Is anyone got more comment or sugguestion than there's a massive guitar in Tamworth ?

I look into the council websit, but I hope if there is any people got some experience in there, and any Pro and Con?

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of House CallHouse Call
    @house-call
    scha9799 wrote:

Is anyone got more comment or sugguestion than there's a massive guitar in Tamworth ?

Yes, the massive guitar and (associated coffee shop) was recently up for sale.

Seriously, though.  Tamworth is forging ahead with surrounding coalmines (nearer to other satellite towns, but Tamworth is much bigger and they are a commutable distance and I would expect some people would rather live Tamworth for schools, shops etc than furhter away in smaller towns), recently finished equine centre, chook and meat processing plants, RAAF-associated air training school, major regional hospital etc etc.  New developments going on in all directions. 

Good place to buy, I would say.

Participant
    @scha9799
    House Call wrote:
    scha9799 wrote:

Yes, the massive guitar and (associated coffee shop) was recently up for sale.

Seriously, though.  Tamworth is forging ahead with surrounding coalmines (nearer to other satellite towns, but Tamworth is much bigger and they are a commutable distance and I would expect some people would rather live Tamworth for schools, shops etc than furhter away in smaller towns), recently finished equine centre, chook and meat processing plants, RAAF-associated air training school, major regional hospital etc etc.  New developments going on in all directions. 

Good place to buy, I would say.

Thank for the above comment, do you personally or knew some people investing in there ?

you sound like you know the area.

Email Me | Phone Me

@house-call
    scha9799 wrote:

Thank for the above comment, do you personally or knew some people investing in there ?

you sound like you know the area.

I live there and own some property there.

Participant
    @scha9799

Hi House call,

that's fantastic : )

can you please advise whick part of tamworth is good and which part is not so good.

I can see some properties price under 200K around Taminda, and west Tamworth.  any comment is that area ?

Please kindly advise

Email Me | Phone Me

@house-call

Taminda stands for TAMworth INDustrial Area.  There are a few houses there but they would be zoned commercial/industrial I would think (would have to check with Tamworth Regional Council)-67555555. 

West Tamworth is a very old established area, v nice place to buy/live.  There is an area there that is being planned to be zoned as a "Heritage Area", meaning that to preserve the 'feel' of the area, certain developments would not be permitted.  What effect that has on what you can do to existing properties I don't know, and also what effect that has on prices is anyone's guess.  West Tamworth also has a very good rental yield, if you look up a recent table of rental yields (around 6.5%), and so it is more likely to be CF+.

"Best" areas in terms of where you would want to live are East Tamworth (oldest) and some parts of South near the Longyard golfcourse (newest up-market area).  Worst place to live would be Coledale.  How this translates to investments is anyone's guess, because a lower priced IP in a "bad area" may do much better long term than an expensive place in a "nice" bit of town, or vice versa.  Personally I'd suggest West becuase it is neutral as an area and certainly has a very established pleasant feel to it, without the higher prices of East or the break-ins and vandalism of Coledale.

Good luck.  Let me know if you find something and I'll do a drive-by for you or take some photos. 
    Where are you?  Perhaps we can exchange area information?  PM me if you like.

Participant
    @scha9799

Thank you House call : )

how's the rental demand in the West Tamworth area ? I am looking for the CF+, I just concern about the rental demand and vacancy rate.

I am living in Sydney, and I got some IP in Sydney.

I would like to share some information about Sydney.

let me know if you want so info

Email Me | Phone Me

@house-call
    scha9799 wrote:
    Thank you House call : )

how's the rental demand in the West Tamworth area ? I am looking for the CF+, I just concern about the rental demand and vacancy rate.

Rental vacancy rate is 2.3%

Gross rental yield for West Tamworth is 6.64%,  (Both numbers sourced from October edition of YIP magazine).

Participant
    @scha9799

Hi House call,

Do you know where the housing commission ( public housing) areas are.
    I contact some agents they say the the properties near housing commission have negative effect.

is there any housing commission at the West Tamworth ?

what do you think about kootingal ?

Please kindly advise.

Thank you
    Taylor

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @scha9799

Hi House Call,

where is the exact boundary of West Tamworth ?

From the Google map, it seems Coledale is part of the West Tamworth ?

Correct me if I am wrong, West Tamworth is south of Gunnedah Rd and west of the Duri Rd ( west of the railway ) ? and Coledale is  south part of  West Tamworth ( south of Macgregor St and south end of Cole st, Quinn St..)?

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of morpheusbushymorpheusbushy
    @morpheusbushy

Most locals consider West Tamworth and Coledale to be separate. True, Coldedale is technically a part of West Tamworth – though most of West Tamworth (compared to Coledale) has quite a good area & housing affordability.

You might also like to consider just over the railway in South Tamworth area. I'm in the process of purchasing a property on Croydon Ave (*Fingers crossed* i'll be getting 7.8% return).

Coledale has very little capital growth potential whilst South Tamworth will be neutral or modest over the next few years. Like most other areas in Tamworth.

Hope this helps!!

Participant
    @scha9799

hi morpheusbushy,

thank you for the comment : )

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @scha9799

Hi all,

Does any one know what the minimum land size requires in Tamworth ?

Email Me | Phone Me

@house-call
    scha9799 wrote:
    Hi all,

Does any one know what the minimum land size requires in Tamworth ?

go to Tamworth Regional council website page:

http://www.tamworth.nsw.gov.au/Planning-and-Development/Plans-and-Strategies/Development-Control-Plans/default.aspx 

then scroll down to "Tamworth" and click on Development Control Plan No. 5 – Residential Housing Guidelines.

The last page of this has a map of zoning in Tamworth and mentions size of dwellings.

This may help.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.