All Topics / Help Needed! / Seeking people’s experiences with BUYERS AGENTS

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of nzinmelbnzinmelb
    @nzinmelb

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie to the property market in Melbourne.  Whilst looking at realestate sites I came across these companies that are known as Buyers Agents (Advocates).  I'm curious to hear which ones work.  My partner and I are extremely busy professionals.  The concept of having someone assist with the search and procurement is interesting, BUT do they actually work?  Can anyone share their experiences, and point me in the direction of the BEST person to speak to?
    Thanks in advance!
    Paul.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

I don't personally know of any buyers agents in Melbourne. However, a broker I know in Melbourne speaks highly of these guys – http://www.parkerinvest.com.au/ They might be able to help you out – I personally can't vouch for them though.

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of nzinmelbnzinmelb
    @nzinmelb
    Jamie M wrote:
    I don't personally know of any buyers agents in Melbourne. However, a broker I know in Melbourne speaks highly of these guys – http://www.parkerinvest.com.au/ They might be able to help you out – I personally can't vouch for them though.

Thanks for your link Jamie.  It will be interesting to see if anyone else has experience.  Appreciate your feedback!

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

I've used a buyers agent in the past when I was too busy. It's difficult to keep a good eye on more than a few areas. So I paid a buyers agent to find me a property in an area I was unfamiliar with (but had done enough research to know I wanted to buy in that area).

Do your research though to find a good one. All buyers agents are not equal.

Let them know what you are looking for and of course a price range. I wanted under market price (of course- anyone can find a property AT market price) with potential to increase equity (through reno) AND with a decent yield. Very happy with my purchase.

Profile photo of Matthew BMatthew B
    @matthew-b

As with all matters in investing, you need to be cautious when looking to take on a buyer's agent. Catalyst is 100% right, not all buyer's agents are equal. I have found a majority of businesses who call themselves buyers agents or advocates really only sell developer stock and get paid well to do so. In my opinion this is blurring the line between buyers advocate and marketing. Developer stock (even well researched developer stock) may be good for some people but I find a majority of people can do better with second hand properties, if selected properly.  

I don't know any buyer's agents in Melbourne but what you could do is ring up a couple and ask what type of property they buy for their clients. If they say new or a vast majority new, politely thank them for their time, hang up and move on to the next one.
    Another option is to look at a buyer's agent with a national network. They may be able to give you a broader perspective. Ask for testimonials, proven results and what processes they have in place to ensure you receive an individualised service.

Profile photo of nzinmelbnzinmelb
    @nzinmelb
    Matthew B wrote:
    As with all matters in investing, you need to be cautious when looking to take on a buyer's agent. Catalyst is 100% right, not all buyer's agents are equal. I have found a majority of businesses who call themselves buyers agents or advocates really only sell developer stock and get paid well to do so. In my opinion this is blurring the line between buyers advocate and marketing. Developer stock (even well researched developer stock) may be good for some people but I find a majority of people can do better with second hand properties, if selected properly.  

I don't know any buyer's agents in Melbourne but what you could do is ring up a couple and ask what type of property they buy for their clients. If they say new or a vast majority new, politely thank them for their time, hang up and move on to the next one.
    Another option is to look at a buyer's agent with a national network. They may be able to give you a broader perspective. Ask for testimonials, proven results and what processes they have in place to ensure you receive an individualised service.

Very sensible, and balanced opinion Mathew, I thank you for your contribution.
    Paul.

Profile photo of ModeratorModerator
    @moderator

We are happy for people to advertise their advocacy services, but only as a signature to genuine forum posts. Posts alerting members to products etc. that are not of a general nature will be probably be considered advertising and deleted.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.