All Topics / Help Needed! / Town Planner – Darebin VIC wanted

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of joez71joez71
    Participant
    @joez71

I am working towards my first subdivision project I am looking for a town planner who will help help through out the whole process including selecting a block.

Hopefully someone on this forum can recommend someone.

Thanks
    Joe

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Hi Joe,

You are unlikely to get a town planner to help you select a block, its not their job. It's pointless anyway, unless you have a design ready to show them. If you want everything done for you you really should get yourself a buyers agent.

Regards
    Alistair

Profile photo of joez71joez71
    Participant
    @joez71

Hi Alistair,

Your right., I probably should have worded my post better.

I am going to source my own block, was just hoping to get someone with more experience to give me a second opinion prior to purchase. Am I right in thinking a town planner is the person to see?

thanks
    Joez71

Participant
    @aperry

You should defiantely have a town planner as part of your team, but probably more important when choosing a block is a achitect/draftsperson, as you need someone who can conceptualise what they can get onto a given space. The role of the planner is to work with the designer to get their design through Council/VCAT. In short you need both, but at the acquisition stage probably a designer is more important, as you only need a rudimentry knowledge of town planning to make a decision as to what is possible, turning possibility into reality is sometimes a lot more complex and at that stage you should certainly have a consultant planner working for you.

I'm happy to give you a referral to a town planner if you like, but i caveat the recommendation by disclosing that he is my father and I part own the business. Frank Perry http://www.town-planning.com.au.

Profile photo of joez71joez71
    Participant
    @joez71

Thanks for your help  :)   Now off  to find a achitect/draftsperson.

Participant
    @aperry

Branov Design are good, you can find them on Google.

Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb

Hi Joe,

What you are proposing to do is to become a property developer.

And as pointed out above, your primary responsibility (after getting the right financial structure sorted) is to get the right team together to deliver your project. You will need sound advice around the design and delivery, and of course it all has to fit within the state and municipal planning requirements.

My advice to you, at this stage, would be to write down your plan even if you don't yet understand all that you want to achieve with your first subdivision. This way, you will have a useful stepping off point for the early consultations and hopefully your initial goals will largely remain intact.

Property development is expensive and complex, but in my opinion it need not be difficult. So determine how much time you can put into the process, write down your simple plan, and best of luck with the project.

Profile photo of gtvdgtvd
    @gtvd

Hi Joe
    Sounds like you need an all in one package! The best company and i think the only company in Melbourne that does all the permiting process for you is Property Subdivision http://www.propertysubdivision.com.au. check them out, i have used them many times from sourcing the best property to subdivide through to construction, they do it all for you and they are easy to deal with and have got me amazing results over the years! Good luck!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.