All Topics / Help Needed! / New to property investing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of PollynzPollynz
    @pollynz

Hi there we live in Perth in Harrisdale where the median house is 700+ and the median unit is 430 we have had a house built costing 460 we are a couple of metres away from Carey Baptist college. However we still need to complete the back yard with a pool and paving. We are unsure of what pathway to take when investing in other properties. Whether we split the mortgage with other parties to pay off faster and then invest in another property in a few years time or start buying now with parties using the equity of the house we live in?

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Pollynz

Welcome to the forum.

I don't quite understand the question but from a starting out point of view – most first time investors access equity in their home to use as a deposit towards an investment property.

If you think you might have some equity in your current home you could speak with your lender/broker about refinancing.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of PollynzPollynz
    @pollynz

Thanks for that Jamie

Profile photo of Garry MacGarry Mac
    @garry-mac

Hi Pollynz
    Yes it’s a little confusing and confronting when you are starting out. However once you do it a couple of times, you will feel much more confident and relaxed about everything.
    Jamie’s comment is absolutely correct and you should certainly speak to you financier – preferable a good Mortgage Broker as they can offer a much wider variety of lending options.

One suggestion…always set up a ‘buffer’ (ie have some cash set aside or access to cash via a facility such as a line of credit) in case things do not work out the way you expect, eg if your property doesn’t rent for a period of time.

Good luck
    Garry

Profile photo of kimandglenkimandglen
    @kimandglen

Hi Pollynz,

Sounds like you have some equity in which you might be able to access but would need to have a closer look. Lots of things to consider but if I am reading your question correctly, you shouldn't pay off your investment loan quickly. In a matter of fact you should get an I/O loan for your investment and worry about your home loan if you are wanting to pay off a loan at all.

Living in Canning Vale you have picked a great place to build….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.