All Topics / Help Needed! / Pro’s & Con’s of buying in Seaford

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of maternicmaternic
    @maternic

G'day,

I am a FHB and I am looking to buy in or around Seaford.
    What are the Pro's & Con's of buying in Seaford?
    Can anyone suggest any other areas for around the 300k mark?

Thank you in advance,

Cheers

Nick

Profile photo of Dan42Dan42
    @dan42

Which state, Nick?

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

Seaford Vic? That is my neck of the woods. If so, lots of things happening down that way. We purchased a 2 bed townhouse across from the beach 12 months ago to the day for $284k unrenovated – a similiar one sold the other week for the $330-$340 mark.
    We now have a forthcoming auction sign up from Hocking Stuart – not sure which unit but I think it maybe one that backs onto the creek as the elderly resident has been moved to a retirement home. That would be worth investigating – wish we could get our SMSF up and running as I would love to be in a position to purchase it.

@maree_bradross

Sorry further to my post above – got home to another for sale sign at the front of the complex just checked it out and it is $339k the same price as the one that just sold.

Profile photo of maternicmaternic
    @maternic

Thanks Maree, I will do some futher investigations!
    Yes seaford Vic

thanks guys all information is much apprechaited!

@maree_bradross

You're welcome – the townhouse that came up for sale yesterday is with Harcourts and is a slightly newer as that was the last stage of the development in the complex.
    It is a lovely complex being directly across from the beach, with now houses in front as it is parks land, and backs onto the creek. The pool is well maintained and there is 2 parks, one with a little playground.
    Only problem is parking if you need more than the one carspace in your carport, there are probably around an extra 15 carspaces onsite otherwise you would have to park on the street

Profile photo of Charles 1Charles 1
    Participant
    @charles-1

There are some good parts of Seaford and some sleezy, cheaper bits.

Stay on the beach side of the railway line if you can afford it

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Yeah having lived in Seaford and Frankston Nth (classy!) stick on the beach side. As far away from the pub and Kananook station as possible. It's not as bad as it used to be but still not the nicest parts. There also used to be some sleazy blocks of one bedders down the back of the beach near the marsh/swamp bit…is that not so nice aspect there still?

How is the scope for development looking down there? I've been looking east so haven't ventured down there…yet :)

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

@maree_bradross

Yeh those public housing flats are still behind the shops along the beach. I walk past there twice a day and haven't really seen anything unpleasant. Prime land though….
    The surf lifesaving club building is fantastic. Also, the train station is being upgraded to a manned station

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.