All Topics / Help Needed! / PAMD Form 20a – Appointment of agent – Letting and property mgmt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of nitrodropsnitrodrops
    @nitrodrops

Hi All,

I have signed a PAMD Form 20a with a real estate property mgmt 2 months ago, before i left the country for overseas postings.

On the PAMD Form 20a, I have indicated "TBA" for the Commencement Date of Agreement.

Now i am planning to sell my property, will there be any legal issues since i have already signed the PAMD Form 20a?

Cheers
    Nit

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi Nit

As you did not stipulate a date for the commencement of the Agreement, I believe the Agreement hasn't commenced.  Also Form 20a says: "If the appointment is a continuing appointment, you may revoke the appointment by giving 90 days notice in writing to the agent, unless you and the agent agree to a shorter notice period (but it must not be less than 30 days)."

Just contact your property manager and let them know that you're selling the property and will not be commencing the Agreement.

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of nitrodropsnitrodrops
    @nitrodrops
    PaulDobson wrote:
    Hi Nit

As you did not stipulate a date for the commencement of the Agreement, I believe the Agreement hasn't commenced.  Also Form 20a says: "If the appointment is a continuing appointment, you may revoke the appointment by giving 90 days notice in writing to the agent, unless you and the agent agree to a shorter notice period (but it must not be less than 30 days)."

Just contact your property manager and let them know that you're selling the property and will not be commencing the Agreement.

Cheers,  Paul

Thnx mate. Much appreciated.

Also, if the Agreement has not commenced, do i still need to serve them 90 days notices in writing? i have signed for the 'continuing appointment'.

Cheers
    Nit

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.