All Topics / Help Needed! / Does anyone have experience investing in Rockhampton?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of doogs1357doogs1357
    @doogs1357

I'm a Sydney based property investor with 5 houses under my belt. I've been doing some rearch into Rockhampton and the fundamentals seem good.

– Growing population
    – Good public services
    – Affordable housing
    – Attractive rental yields

Can anybody offer any advice on areas to look at, or avoid? Any experience in the local market is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Doogs

Profile photo of TelevisionTelevision
    @television

Dogs,
    Pardon me for being rude and I hope you don't mind me asking but I'm attempting to research areas for my first IP and was wondering how you gained access to statistics like rental yields and rate of population growth?

Profile photo of doogs1357doogs1357
    @doogs1357

Hi TV,

Population growth is detailed on the ABS website.

Rental yeilds are at the back of the Australian Property Investor magazine.

Good luck mate!

Profile photo of TelevisionTelevision
    @television

Much appreciated mate, thanks very much.

Profile photo of Brad WhittingtonBrad Whittington
    Participant
    @brad-whittington

Doogs, look for older houses around Berserker, Frenchville, Park Avenue even Kawana, avoid lower areas such as Lakes Creek road, Depot Hill &  Port Curtis. These older houses on larger blocks could have good development potential plus the higher set houses are easier to move when developing blocks.

Profile photo of camnlisacamnlisa
    Participant
    @camnlisa

Hi Doogs

Definitely research the areas that flood – Rocky is prone to this and we are set for a real wet season this year.  There are also some very rough areas in Rocky so look into this also.

Lisa

Profile photo of moxi10moxi10
    Participant
    @moxi10

Hi All

I've been researching Rocky long distance and have gone through old posts on this site. This last comment from Lisa caught my eye, and I'm interested to here from anyone with local knowledge on the subject of the "rough areas" to avoid. I'm interested primarily in areas north of the river and out of the flood zone, focusing on Berserker in the North Rockhampton Residential Consolidation zone near Musgrave Street. Can anyone offer any advice about this area? Any particular streets or areas to avoid there, such as a concentration of housing commission properties? I will visit the area before signing a contract, but advice from anyone with experience there would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tony

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.