All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Can anyone recommend a good conveyancer in queensland and cost

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of Magpie2010Magpie2010
    @magpie2010

Hi

Does any one know a good firm/person for conveyencing in Queensland (I'm form Vic) . They need to know how to handle sale of property inside  SMSF structure.

Also does any one know what would be a fair cost. I have a quote for $1200 + GST for legals (which is on the high side but not out of the ball park) and another $1200 + GST for outlays. It is a newly built apartment, so I figuere the dispersements costs seem really high.

Is this other people's exp ion Queensland.

regards

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Obviously there aren't any. ;)

I got quoted $1400 + gst + out of pockets for Sydney yesterday.

Profile photo of mygoldmygold
    @mygold

I believe that Convenyancing Works do a good job and are the cheapest in Qld. They are part of the Government I believe but have never used them .. I will be approaching them to do my transfer if I can get a buyer. I have been told they are in the area of $900+.

Check them out.

June 

Profile photo of Property TraderProperty Trader
    Participant
    @property-trader

Hi TDorgan,

My solicitor details are below … he has a wide range of experience including second mortgages, vendor finance and your run of the mill property transactions

Andrew Wheldon
    Andrew Wheldon Solicitors 
    Office:  538 South Pine Road, Everton Park QLD 4053
    Mail:     PO Box 808, Everton Park QLD 4053
    Phone:  (07) 3855 8880
    Fax:       (07) 3855 8881

Email:   [email protected]

I hope this helps.

Property Trader | Boston West Pty Ltd
    http://bostonwest.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Private money lending opportunities available paying upto 12%, secured by bricks and mortar!

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Sorry this is clearly not true Conveyancing Works are part of the Government I believe.

They are a privately run company and $900 is not cheap.

My Solicitor who has bought and sold over 200 properties for me charges $665 + GST.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of mygoldmygold
    @mygold

Sorry if I offended you Mr Taylor. I was trying to be of some help to the person with the problem.  I did contact Conveyancing Works in 2004 about a transfer and the cost was $360 but I have been told that it is much higher now.

I will not comment any more as I know nothing. 

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Nothing affends me but i was just pointing out they are a privately run conveyancing company and not part of the Qld Govt.

Dont want to give potential buyers / sellers the wrong impression.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of bellzbellz
    Participant
    @bellz

Ring around and get some other quotes.  If the $1,200.00 is just for costs, seems on the high side to me.  If its with outlays included, would probably be quite good.

Profile photo of DonnaDonna
    Participant
    @donna

IMHO

I personally would check out your local solicitors,  from my experience they are between $600 and $900. 

I have had previous experience with Conveyancy Works and when things go all ok they are great but don't expect any assistance from them if things are not.  I purchased a property a few years back and on inspection the day prior to settlement I found the property in a trashed state (disgruntled tenants).  Conveyancy Works would not let me speak to their solicitor (all their work is done by *office staff`)  and it ended up costing me $5k in repairs.   

Cheers Donna

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.