All Topics / Forum Frolic / If I were a millionaire….

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Profile photo of tinktanktinktank
    @tinktank
    xdrew wrote:
    Change your thinking.

Stop putting the IF in there and start putting the WHEN.

WHEN i become a millionaire. …….

if you dont even believe yourself that you can become a millionaire .. how can you convince a bank to lend to you?

Set goals … and when .. and targets .. and when .. and follow thru.

Hint .. there are the 250k Bargains .. the 500k Bargains and the Million dollar Bargains. And each can be found.

i agree with this,IF is just for wishes that will not come true,WHEN is for things that would be your goal,this is so true,thumbs up for this bro.. :) 

Profile photo of LauryLaury
    @laury

Does being a mil in debt make me a millionairre?  if so I think I will pass!  Theoretically in a few years time I will be a millionaire and I will be doing the same as now – chipping away at a big assed collection of mortgages!

Profile photo of charlescrowleycharlescrowley
    Participant
    @charlescrowley

If you say in your mind that you can never be a millionaire, then it is never going to happen unless you are fortunate enough to win a lottery that is worth millions.

Anyways, when I become a millionaire, I would tour all around the world and have a house on each country I visit.

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Lol,

I just saw this again! It's still great to think of the things I'm going to do! And yes, one of the points was give before you get rich. When ur poor there is only so much food you can take out of your own families mouth to help feed others, when you get rich, you don't have to worry about that!

Cheers

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

I would be a very busy unemployed millionaire….

I might ponder making it my business to spend my time seeing if I could get into the Olympics.  Maybe the swimming.  I wouldn't be into early morning training though.  Noooo.  My training would be not before 11am.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst
    Laury wrote:
    Does being a mil in debt make me a millionairre?  if so I think I will pass!  Theoretically in a few years time I will be a millionaire and I will be doing the same as now – chipping away at a big assed collection of mortgages!

No it doesn't make you a millionaire. That would be too easy wouldn't it!  I consider someone to be a millionaire when they have $1million in equity/cash  (ie not counting their PPOR, car etc) .

I'm pretty sure that's the standard definition.

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

I'd also be a busy unemployed millionaire.

Of course I'd never have to work for anyone again. So I'd fill up my time with more recreational activities, such as jogging and cycling.

I may also start up some business ventures but related to industries that I'm passionate about.

Profile photo of kentotoolekentotoole
    @kentotoole

If I was a millionaire I'd spend lots of money just to lose my weight without going to the gym.

Profile photo of vagirl2012vagirl2012
    Participant
    @vagirl2012

If I were a millionaire I would travel the world!

Participant
    @catalyst

When I'm a millionaire I'll travel more (my husband thinks I travel too much already) and in doing so use my time to help others.  Building houses, schooling children, helping people help themselves to achieve a better life etc. And also increase my donations (both of time and money).

Money makes the world go round. The more you spend, the more it comes back.

Profile photo of sydey99sydey99
    Participant
    @sydey99

If I were a millionaire I would travel more!!!! and also, educate others to become millionaires…………

Profile photo of GoldenPearlGoldenPearl
    @goldenpearl

I have not waited till I amass a large amount of material wealth to do the things I want to do.

Whether it be purchasing properties, helping people in the community, buying objects, or traveling the world. All of this can be done if you really want it. Where there is a will – there is a way, so they say.

Some are smart, some are lucky, some work hard, and some have passion, persistence and determination.

When we desire lots of money, a big property portfolio, the latest cars or  luxury holidays – what are we actually trying to find in them?

I believe the answer is happiness. It could also be security, validation, a feeling of success. All these things can be achieved if we look within and find inner contentment. Then the external activities of owning that portfolio, cars, and luxury items don't seem as important.

It is wonderful to achieve things in life and make yourself , your family and community prosperous, but if you begin with a sense of already feeling content, happy and fulfilled with what you have, then I believe this is a solid foundation for tremendous wealth to prosper.

Profile photo of SMSF101SMSF101
    @smsf101

If a would be a millionaire… I surely and automatically collect both bitter and pains a million times… check the reality… money means everything… but not everything can be bought by money…

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Trust me gives you choice but that's about it.

The choice to go away where and within reason when you want to. (Ignoring kids being at school, their friends etc etc) to shop where you want and freedom but you can get bored very easily doing nothing when everyone else is doing something.

What you normally do is after 6 months of doing nothing is start your own Financial Planing / Mortgage Broking business and try and help others to achieve financial freedom through property. You then end up working harder and longer than you did prior to before you were retired but i guess the difference is you tell yourself you can enjoy arguing with Banks all day long.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Participant
    @catalyst
    GoldenPearl wrote:
    I have not waited till I amass a large amount of material wealth to do the things I want to do.

Whether it be purchasing properties, helping people in the community, buying objects, or traveling the world. All of this can be done if you really want it. Where there is a will – there is a way, so they say.

Some are smart, some are lucky, some work hard, and some have passion, persistence and determination.

When we desire lots of money, a big property portfolio, the latest cars or  luxury holidays – what are we actually trying to find in them?

I believe the answer is happiness. It could also be security, validation, a feeling of success. All these things can be achieved if we look within and find inner contentment. Then the external activities of owning that portfolio, cars, and luxury items don't seem as important.

It is wonderful to achieve things in life and make yourself , your family and community prosperous, but if you begin with a sense of already feeling content, happy and fulfilled with what you have, then I believe this is a solid foundation for tremendous wealth to prosper.

Great points Pearl! I agree. I travel a lot as that's my passion (and property). It's surprising how many people say they will travel the world if they were a millionaire. Well you don't need anywhere near a million dollars to do that. Some places are DIRT cheap  to live in. My son  works his butt off for 7-9 months then travels the world for the rest of the year.  He's young. Good luck to him. Why wait until you're old to enjoy your life?

My wakeup call was when a friend had always planned to travel Europe when she was 50. Unfortunately she got breast cancer and never made it that far. Very tragic. I used to say the same thing. Not anymore. I travel, spend my money on enjoying life. Luckily I'm not into material possessions (except houses LOL)

Profile photo of MosicLandscapesMosicLandscapes
    @mosiclandscapes

So interesting to read back over all the post and also see where I was 2 years ago!

Like so many have said, it's about financial freedom. Freedom to raise the kids, to work in jobs that you are passionate about but that don't pay anything etc.

This property game sure has taught me lots (mainly patience!) and that you have to have an underlying passion about property if you are going to make it work. I've spoken to so many people who are all like "Yeah! I'm going to buy heaps of houses and get really rich!" And the wheels fall off really quickly because they get bored of looking all day at potential deals.

Property is not get rich quick, but it certainly has more potential than sitting on your hands :D

For me it's about not being a slave to the 9-5 in the vain hope that you will be able to do what you want with your time *if* you make it till the government says your old enough.

Profile photo of davemorisdavemoris
    @davemoris

You are absolutely right. I couldn't picture out myself as a millionaire. Naturally, human doesn't have contentment. Even if you were a millionaire, you'd still be finding something that most people(without lots of money) have and you don't. Well, I'm happy with what I have and what I am today. I'm glad to see everyone's opinion about this.

Profile photo of jasonbentlyjasonbently
    @jasonbently

Haha. I love this thread. I love seeing everyone else's opinion. If I was a millionaire, I would have all the pretty ladies dancing around my bed:)

Profile photo of ChrisA1ChrisA1
    Participant
    @chrisa1
    Catalyst wrote:
    When I'm a millionaire I'll travel more (my husband thinks I travel too much already) and in doing so use my time to help others.  Building houses, schooling children, helping people help themselves to achieve a better life etc. And also increase my donations (both of time and money).

Money makes the world go round. The more you spend, the more it comes back.

Absolutely!! Can't agree more Catalyst. Just having the time to volunteer more and help others less fortunate than us get their step up. I also agree with Richard's comment about having choices.

ChrisA1

Persistence is 'to keep on keeping on, no matter how hard the going may be'

Participant
    @catalyst
    davemoris wrote:
    You are absolutely right. I couldn't picture out myself as a millionaire. Naturally, human doesn't have contentment. Even if you were a millionaire, you'd still be finding something that most people(without lots of money) have and you don't. Well, I'm happy with what I have and what I am today. I'm glad to see everyone's opinion about this.

And that is all you'll have. If you are happy with the amount of money you have then that's what you'll have. That's why people that win lotto lose it. It's their mindset to be poor.

I wanted to make a million dollars and that's what I got. After reading The Secret of the Millionaire Mind I realised I should have aimed higher. You get what you aim for. 

Now I'm aiming even higher (after I get back from travelling around Europe). LOL

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.