All Topics / Forum Frolic / If I were a millionaire….

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)
  • Profile photo of MosicLandscapesMosicLandscapes
    @mosiclandscapes

I would be rich and be able to get more rich *sigh*

I would buy this:

http://www.oliverhume.com.au/index.php?page=victorian-development-opportunities (the Campaspe Views Estate)

I live in the area and land is so tightly held here. Blocks are selling before the land is released. The profit margin on this one would be in the millions, the input is in the millions too though.

I keep finding deals (this one is the biggest by the way) that are just way too big for me at the moment.

Most are about a million down (all with over 20% return). I just need the mil first huh?

Not sure if I should just stop looking, or find someone who can finance these sort of things (where oh where are all the people with all the money??) or if I should use it all as a learning tool.

Doing a bit of both the last two at the moment.

Anyone else in the same boat?

What would you do if you were a millionaire?

Profile photo of Karin_Karin_
    @karin_

Hello

When I'm a millionaire, then you must write that I do
    with respect
    Karina

Profile photo of onthemoneyonthemoney
    @onthemoney

Slow and steady wins the race, find deals that you can manage that are within your capacity and build up.. if you do your research you will find opportunities that can work for you. If you go to far to fast you may not have the foundation to support it and you end up tin trouble.

Profile photo of xdrewxdrew
    Participant
    @xdrew

Change your thinking.

Stop putting the IF in there and start putting the WHEN.

WHEN i become a millionaire. …….

if you dont even believe yourself that you can become a millionaire .. how can you convince a bank to lend to you?

Set goals … and when .. and targets .. and when .. and follow thru.

Hint .. there are the 250k Bargains .. the 500k Bargains and the Million dollar Bargains. And each can be found.

Profile photo of hshs
    @hs

Yes you will be better to say things like "I'm growing wealthier by the day" etc. Also a millionaire is not much these days when the average home in Sydney nearly costs this much. I think billionaire is more appropriate now days.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    hs wrote:
    Also a millionaire is not much these days when the average home in Sydney nearly costs this much.

True – but still a goal to be proud of.

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of irina87irina87
    @irina87

If I were a millionaire I’ll buy the stadium of Barcelona and will become its owner.

Profile photo of michaelandre70michaelandre70
    @michaelandre70

I think to be a millionaire you need to have the confidence in you, the ability and luck. throughout one's life comes a number of opportunities. all you need to do is pick the right opportunity!!

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

I wouldn't know how to survive if I were to be a millionaire. What do I get rid of? ;)

Profile photo of edongzkiedongzki
    @edongzki

If I were A Millionaire, I'll buy things I want and Travel the World

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

LOl@ Scott

Great thread.

If I were a Billionaire (I'm not going to aim for small thank you) I'd give away some 'stuff' cars, houses money, buy both sets of parents houses and lives so they can hang out with the grand kids.

I'd also buy a couple hundred acres just for me and a lambo for my other half. Very greedy huh!

Personally I'm aiming for $50 mill cash and assets. I'll post on here when I get there :)

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of myplace_11myplace_11
    @myplace_11

If i were a millionaire Travel the World.. :D

Profile photo of smsfstrategiessmsfstrategies
    @smsfstrategies

If I were a millionaire, I'd buy all the stuffs that I want and help those who are in need. If you are wealthy enough remember to share your blessings=)

Profile photo of kong71286kong71286
    Participant
    @kong71286

When I become a multi millionaire, I will strive to help all those around me to succeed as well, and will look into ways to create a better future for the world i.e. by investing my time and money in the next generation to come after mine

Profile photo of Andrew Lee LawyersAndrew Lee Lawyers
    Participant
    @andrew-lee-lawyers

Don't think you need a million to travel the world. You could buy an island for less than that, and a nice yacht.

My first Round the World trip costed under $20k all up.
    My 2nd RTW trip was around $12k all up.

I ain't no millionaire yet, but when I do get that, I might buy a resort or 2 on an exotic island and go stay there every winter.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

If I were a millionaire, I’d be much poorer than I am now! ;-)

Profile photo of grantos_champosgrantos_champos
    @grantos_champos

managed to get around the world for 2 months on about 15k saw all the sites and not 1 backpackers hostel so you definitely dont need a mil to do it.
    If i had $1m probably gear myself up 1:5 if possible and buy $5mil property?
    If i had 20 times that:
     -a few acres in my hometown cooranbong/martinsville (probably buy the house i grew up in back)
    – a few dogs chooks cows horses hydroponic+aquaponic setup solar+wind energy and become fully self sufficient and off the grid
    – continue in my line of work from home
    – clear out some debts back in nz (Tangata whenua! – dam government!!!!)
    – take care of family, community and the environment
    could probably do that without $20m but they are my life plans

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Scott, I'll help you with offloading some of that heavy, heavy cash….I can even take gold bars, look, I will if you need me to. ;)

That acreage with a really huge hedge. I really want a big ass hedge and someone else to cut if for me, so I can look at it everyday and go, wow liking that hedge! :)

Being a millionaire (50 mill for me please) is really about the freedom. If you wake up, you can think, 'hey today, you know what, I wanna feed a bunch of people, just for fun'. Or "hey, I haven't done 260km around my racetrack today, I think I'll do that today.' Or maybe I can see how much plastic dollars I can fling out a low flying plane window this week. Take your kids to the Kimberly for the week…. you name it.

It's about ideas you can have everyday and with that cha-ching you can do, instead of wish.

I like this thread. Every time  I get a message I think, hey yeah, remember all the things you can do when you get paid.

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of Marie123Marie123
    Participant
    @marie123

I would like to think that we all can be givers before we make the big million. If we can't give now when we have little, how do we expect to give then when we have plenty? It doesn't have to be money, it can time, mentoring, knowledge, encouragement, etc. etc. :)

Wishing you all success and many happy returns!

D, 50 mil huh!?! and "I really want a big ass hedge and someone else to cut if for me, so I can look at it everyday and go, wow liking that hedge! :) " Hahahahahah! Good one.

Profile photo of EleaElea
    @elea

Like edongzki If I were a millionaire I will buy what I want, travel the world with my family and the most important is to save money for the future.

All the best,

Elea

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.