All Topics / Help Needed! / Motivation for life partner !

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Profile photo of goldiesgoldies
    @goldies

I sat down with my hubby after a nice dinner together with a big pad of butchers paper ( i am a trainer so i use it in classes )
    We talked about ALL the things in life we wanted to achieve first. We put down our most outrageous dreams and goals for ourselves as individuals and then as a couple. Then we looked the most achievable and decided to start on them immediately.

We then looked at what we wanted to do together… and we both want to work less, enjoy life, raise a family.
    I am the one obsessed with property and i educated myself so when i sat down and showed him the figures of what we  could achieve and how this could help us to achieve our outrageous and not so outrageous goals… we had common ground.

Property is just a vehicle for wealth creation. You, like myself, may be fascinated and obsessed with it and that will be the part you play in your investing strategy. Your partner doesnt have to be as excited but has to be on board as he has to be comfortable with the risk. My husband is a visual learner so i drew $ signs, percentages, deposits required for another purchase, etc etc.
    I then drew an aeroplane and all he has ever wanted is to become a pilot… visualisation can be the key with some people…

Good luck!

Profile photo of latormorlatormor
    @latormor

Thanks goldies,

Apparently the “lack of time” is the issue, but I believe everyone has to work and after make time (do things different) to get some results.

I have developed lots of patience lol because even for the goal setting I have had to PUSH the thing !

@latormor

Hey I just found this article “Together in love, divided in property” in December’s Australian Property Investor :) lol
    I totally agree with it !
    That’s gonna be my strategy.

@latormor

In addition that would be good also in terms of asset protection :)

Profile photo of mentobementobe
    @mentobe

I have been investing for 3 years now with no real interest from my partner who is extremelly handing with his hands when it comes to renovating and he may never have any more interest then what he has now in the future.The more i pushed him the more he rebelled untill i relised that it was me resisting what was and stopped trying to make him like what i was doing and let him be him and work on me being a more patient and understanding person for those that did not have the same interest as me.I found other invester friends to hang out and talk with and WOW this was great for they had great ideas and i had great ideas that helps us to move farward in the investment world . I now get more done and he still has no more interest then 3 years ago but we are so much happier.

Profile photo of andykirbyandykirby
    Participant
    @andykirby

Hi Alex,

When we started investing, my wife wasn't too interested in it and most of the work was down to me. That wasn't a problem for me because I enjoy the crunching the numbers and learning how to invest, whether it be property, shares or whatever.

Around three years ago, in the run-up to my wife's birthday, I asked her what she wanted; she told me she didn't want to work for anyone else anymore – she hated her job. Given that she was in her mid-thirties and I'd just turned 40 at the time we didn't have the means to retire.

What I did was buy her a couple of things for her birthday; a lottery ticket and Robert Kiyosaki's book 'Retire Young, Retire Rich', which to me sounded like what she wanted to do. I told her that the lottery ticket may get you rich, but reading the book will be a better way of getting to your goal. She read it, and now she's 100% involved in getting to the goal. If anything, she's keener than I am!

@latormor

Hi Andy,

That’s was awesome ! :D I you got a good result from that. Thanks for sharing your story with me.

And thanks Mentobe for sharing your story too.

Well, I haven’t made major changes in that respect. I just don’t tell him anything else, because I understood that he doesn’t have to be interested in property investing or internet businesses the way I am. He doesn’t even have to be interested in being financially free…
    He works hard (physically really hard), but I think it’s really important that people not only work hard, but also do something for stopping working so hard for others. I have my own say that “If we want to see changes, we have to make changes” and well, I don’t complain anymore so we don’t argue anymore about it (there is a change there).

Meanwhile, I keep reading and educating myself in several subjects as much as I can while saving money, and I just don’t pay attention to that anymore. But you never know, sometimes life brings unexpected changes, I’m not being pessimist, but life it’s like that. And I love him so much that I wouldn’t like to think of him one day, if we’re not together anymore, being trapped in the rat race and regretting for not having made any changes at the 28 years of age he is now.

Profile photo of DHCPDHCP
    @dhcp

Hello Alex,

Once a mind is exposed to new things, it will never go back to its previous state. The more you ready motivational books the more you want to learn and explore more.  Continue on your path to wealth creation because after all the greatest investment you make, in my opinion, is investing in your self.

Motivation is a personal choose hence it comes from within. I fell in love with reading motivation books which I call them "self help development" 20 years ago. Zig Ziglar, Anthony Robbins, Napolean Hill, Kiyozaki etc among host of other premier motivational speakers.

As mentioned, motivation is a personal choose and for me the greatest major in fact in my life is "Brian Tracy". His philosophy is simply but powerful. BTW, I have no affliates or association with him besides the fact that I love his work.

I've used his materials which had helped me to accellarate and achieved my goals. Educating your self is perfectly fine but without action is useless…is like just hoping and dreaming for things you want to achieve in life, but never committed in taking action.

To accelerate your goals that is , to achieve them quickly, the materials below had helped me to acquire my goals rapidly.

http://www.briantracy.com/catalog/product.aspx?pid=962&cid=14
    http://www.briantracy.com/catalog/product.aspx?pid=17&cid=14
    http://www.briantracy.com/catalog/product.aspx?pid=465&cid=18

Action is the key therefore result speaks volume hence perhaps is the only way you can convert your hubby into optimist like your self. Therefore, setting a goal in property investment is a prime example.

I've used the below to achieved my set goals right away:
    List 10 things that you want to achieve from 1yr, or 2yr or 3yr from now.
    From those 10 things, list the top 3 that will have the GREATEST amount of result in your life.
    Place each major goal on each single paper
    For instance, major goal number 1, list all the steps that you will take to achieve this goal. Then, order them in priority (i.e., from the highest to the lowest action).T
    Then, take action right away using the first priority from your action list.
    Don't start on your 2nd major goal until your complete the first major goal else you get distracted or side track.

When I understood the POWER of the above goal setting technique, it BLOW my mind away. Even to this date, I continue to use it particular in property investment. It is simply BUT VERY POWERFUL stuff. Often time, simply is quite effective.

I can honest set any goals in my life within reason and achieve them right away and power comes from taking immediate ACTION!

All the best mate.

@latormor

Hi DHCP,

Thank you very much for the information. I’m also a big fan of motivational books/videos and they have been very helpful to change my mindset.

We signed up for a millionaire mindset course with Scott Harris, we won’t start properly until next week. And well let’s see if that makes any miracle lol but still, I enjoy the course, DVD’s and everything.

I think your goal setting technique is very good, it’s very similar to the way I do mine. The biggest challenge for us to get started in property investing is to save the deposit, we are working on that, and it takes time. However, I am trying to find other ways (by myself) of finding other sources of income to be able to accelerate everything.

Best success in your goals achievement !

Cheers

Alex

@latormor

Hi people,

One more time: breathe in breathe out breath in breath out :s

@latormor

This is going backwards again ! I might have a consultation with a coach about this !

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.