All Topics / Legal & Accounting / second hand stuff purchased for IP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of aqueaque
    Participant
    @aque

Hi people

Just wondering if you have bought some second hand stuff from individuals for your IP, I think they are tax deductible?

If so, what do you need to for a proper receipt? It seems too easy to fabricate.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

If you can’t prove it how can you justify it at a tax audit. Get a receipt book, put in the purchase details & seller’s name. You can’t claim the gst, as there is none.

Profile photo of wisepearlwisepearl
    @wisepearl
    Scott No Mates wrote:
    If you can't prove it how can you justify it at a tax audit. Get a receipt book, put in the purchase details & seller's name.

Is a handwritten receipt in one of those carbon copy cheapie receipt books from the newsagent with date, amount, details and sellers name honestly enough to substantiate a receipt for tax purposes? so i could seriously claim the $200 fridge from gumtree and the washing machine i put in my IP?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

As long as the receipt can identify the seller & amount, it should suffice. Most people aren’t registered for gst, so can’t issue a tax invoice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.