All Topics / Help Needed! / Payment for BodyCorp Fees and Council Bills

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of nitrodropsnitrodrops
    @nitrodrops

Hi All,

I am going to rent out my property, it is going to be managed by a Property Mgr. I will be working overseas. I would like to find out what is the preferred way of paying BodyCorp Fees and Council Bills?

1.) Reroute the BodyCorp Fees and Council Bills to Property Mgr who will pay on my behalf.

2.) Setup auto-direct debit, and get the bills sent to Property Mgr.

3.) Setup auto-direct debit, and get the bills sent to my overseas address.

4.) any other recommended methods?

Any kind replies will be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Nit

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

direct all bills to the pm. You will get your statement every month showing all income/expenditure.

Why have a dog and still bark yourself ?

Profile photo of Greg ReidGreg Reid
    @greg-reid

I agree with Scott, the property manager pays all my investment property bills and send me a monthly statement as well as a detailed annual statement that slots neatly into my tax return requirements.
    Good luck

Profile photo of nitrodropsnitrodrops
    @nitrodrops

thanks all for your kind replies.

One question, for example for the Council bills, payment within 30 days entitled to discount of $15.

So let's say if the Property Mgr missed the early payment, which ended up missing out the $15 discount, is the Property Mgr liable to top up the $15?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Not likely. Just give them specific instructions that if there are any early payment discounts available to take advantage of them (this is only on the basis that you have sufficient funds sitting with the agent – eg have a $500 float for costs).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.