All Topics / General Property / 450k and under

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of dan27dan27
    @dan27

Hi I'm new to this wondering get any advise on where people would by with 450k and under in Perth 12 km radius within cbd opinions on new or established homes I'm leaning towards houses any advise would be appreciated.

Profile photo of Mick12345Mick12345
    @mick12345

Ha ha ha, HAAAA ha ha, HHHAAA haa haaa.
    Your Funny.

NO seriously. I suggest you stop looking for houses and start looking for units if you want to spend under $450K within 12Km's of the CBD.
    But be very aware of buying even a unit in this overpriced market. If (very unlikely) the prices do continue to rise, then Mr Glenn Stevens will hammer up the interest rates to stop the rising prices…as he has said he will do.

Profile photo of dan27dan27
    @dan27
    Mick12345 wrote:
    Ha ha ha, HAAAA ha ha, HHHAAA haa haaa.
    Your Funny.

NO seriously. I suggest you stop looking for houses and start looking for units if you want to spend under $450K within 12Km's of the CBD.
    But be very aware of buying even a unit in this overpriced market. If (very unlikely) the prices do continue to rise, then Mr Glenn Stevens will hammer up the interest rates to stop the rising prices…as he has said he will do.

what are places like cannington eden hill queens park cloverdale bassendean and more that are within 10k are they no go zones cause there all around 450 or cheaper.

i was just wanting to now where people would buy i now there is prices that range and below for houses of course there isn't in more prestigious suburbs thanks for thinking I'm funny

Profile photo of mr_jinx2209mr_jinx2209
    @mr_jinx2209

I just purchased the latest #####  report & none of those suburbs feature.
    Actually paints a bleak piccy…CG over last yr: 2.16%, Neg growth next 5 yrs!!
    VERY interested to hear some recent sales stories. At this stage we're looking @ a PPR with land content…scaring me!
    By the way #1 spot is Djugun…google it!

@dan27
    mr_jinx2209 wrote:
    I just purchased the latest #####  report & none of those suburbs feature.
    Actually paints a bleak piccy…CG over last yr: 2.16%, Neg growth next 5 yrs!!
    VERY interested to hear some recent sales stories. At this stage we're looking @ a PPR with land content…scaring me!
    By the way #1 spot is Djugun…google it!

yeah i bought the report aswell none of those suburbs in it but you would have to think over a 10 year time frame your going to get steady growth from suburbs within 10km of the city thats what i hope anyway yeah i didnt now if it was mis print neg growth for next 5 years

Profile photo of esg1esg1
    @esg1

probably somewhere like nollamara, a house on potential duplex lot is what i would look at for around that money…maybe a little more..

@dan27
    esg1 wrote:
    probably somewhere like nollamara, a house on potential duplex lot is what i would look at for around that money…maybe a little more..

yeah thats what i was looking for but need about 550 for r 40 zone

Profile photo of wisepearlwisepearl
    @wisepearl

I managed to buy a house in Brentwood, 10km south of perth (borders mt pleasant and booragoon) with direct freeway access, walk to train station, walk to shops etc… for $417k, settled in Feb. Did minor cosmetic work, renting it out to international students, plan to hold and rent for a few years then demolish and build luxury house on the block – as the suburb is in transition.
    Never expected to be able to pick up a house in the postcode of 6153 in my budget, but by watching realestate.com.au i managed to find this one and it ticked all my boxes.

i keep reading that bassendean is recommended due to proximity to city and constant improvement to the council area. was just looking in carlisle, cloverdale, queens park areas in the last few months – cloverdale has a number of large blocks well priced, but u'd have to pick the location carefully – no point buying a large block, subdividing and building gorgeous new houses when you're surrounded by dumps and right underneath flight paths.

stretch your 10km radius to 12-15km if you're looking for a house + land under $450k, but don't give up – they're there, just be certain the properties are worthwhile and meet your criteria before just jumping on "a bargain"

good luck!

other option of course is finding another investor with some extra $$ who can share risk/costs/profit etc and increase the price range you're looking at.

@dan27
    wisepearl wrote:
    I managed to buy a house in Brentwood, 10km south of perth (borders mt pleasant and booragoon) with direct freeway access, walk to train station, walk to shops etc… for $417k, settled in Feb. Did minor cosmetic work, renting it out to international students, plan to hold and rent for a few years then demolish and build luxury house on the block – as the suburb is in transition.
    Never expected to be able to pick up a house in the postcode of 6153 in my budget, but by watching realestate.com.au i managed to find this one and it ticked all my boxes.

i keep reading that bassendean is recommended due to proximity to city and constant improvement to the council area. was just looking in carlisle, cloverdale, queens park areas in the last few months – cloverdale has a number of large blocks well priced, but u'd have to pick the location carefully – no point buying a large block, subdividing and building gorgeous new houses when you're surrounded by dumps and right underneath flight paths.

stretch your 10km radius to 12-15km if you're looking for a house + land under $450k, but don't give up – they're there, just be certain the properties are worthwhile and meet your criteria before just jumping on "a bargain"

good luck!

other option of course is finding another investor with some extra $$ who can share risk/costs/profit etc and increase the price range you're looking at.

thanks heaps for your advice ill have a look at were you brought if you could tell me any suburbs to look at or stay away from that would be muchly appreciated

@dan27

does anybody now what redcliffe is like

Profile photo of TaniaSTaniaS
    @tanias

balga still has good size 730m blocks with a tenanted house.. these are .zoned R40 properties for under 420K.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.