All Topics / Help Needed! / project builder in blacktown area?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of laurentlaurent
    @laurent

Hello everyone!!

I was told by a town planner at Blacktown city council that I could not do any subdivision on my 645sqm corner block in Tregear but could create a dual occupancy with one single and one double storey.

I would like all the feed back from you all to find a good and fairly priced project builder so I can eventually get this project underway.
    I should precise that the only aim for this project is to make a profit .

If you know of any passed similar project, please share your experience and sources with me .

Profile photo of Ryan McLeanRyan McLean
    Participant
    @ryan-mclean

I don't have any builders for you, but just some experience to give you some ideas.

If there is already a house on the block you might just be able to build up a story and turn that into dual occupancy. Generally this is pretty cheap as all the plumbing/sewerage/electricity is already there all the have to do is mimic it upstairs. Just make separate entrances and you could have dual occupancy for a fraction of the cost of building a completely new dwelling (plus later down the track you could sell it as one home, rather than trying to sell a dual occupancy block with two homes.)

Just an idea because my mother in law has done this and I know it was pretty cheap compared to building a new dwelling. Depends on what house is already there though. Good luck with it.

Wait, my wife just told me the company that adds stories is call raise-a-roof (or maybe raise-the-roof). You could have a look at them.

Ryan McLean | On Property
    http://onproperty.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of laurentlaurent
    @laurent

Thanks,

Something to consider, very good idea.
    I will investigate …

Profile photo of manscimansci
    @mansci

Hi,

We do dual occupancy, granny flats and subdivision.  In Blacktown for subdivision (separate titles) of a dual occupancy the council will generally only subdivide corner lots.  Is you land a corner lot?
    Regards,
    Anne McCusker  (Our website is http://www.gardenhomes.com.au)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.