All Topics / Help Needed! / Help with final stage of purchase

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of amazingjefferyamazingjeffery
    Participant
    @amazingjeffery

I'm in the final stages of offer negotiation on a property here in mt isa. It will be my first property and PPOR and then IP after a year or 2.
    If i go to contract for 330k I can expect around 500p/w for the property, with some renovations i can expect 600p/w.  The home is 3 bed solid block with a pool in a good area but on a road that is used regularly.

The only thing holding me back is the Ryder reports saying mt isa is the worst place to invest in Australia.  For me I personally can't see this other then potential for -ve movement of house prices due to the mines, I believe the house prices will go sideways for some time and then rise again on the next boom cycle.  Good rental yield is achievable IMO still.

The other 2 things are the location and the construction.  The location is good but the road is used a bit, but in mount isa the house is usually the dictator of the price not the land due the high construction costs here.  The other issue is the solidblock home, I think is great for rental as its very lasting but not so great if you want to move plumbing around or open the house up a bit with wall removal. 

The final thing on my mind is just the general cold feet of feeling like something else could come up next week thats even better, but i think this would be the case no matter where or what i was buying. 

Can anyone help me out a bit?  Are the ryder reports that accurate?  Am I crazy for even considering mt isa?

Any feedback much appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.